50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Amnesty and Taxes

When a person apply for the Late amnesty CSS/LULAC settlement. The INS asking for the person employment history since 1982.
    when I got my work authorization back in 1990, I start to file for taxes because I was authorize to work by INS, before 1990 I was not authorize to work and I was working illegally and living illegal therefor I never file for taxes. I was getting paid in cash so the government will not find where I was working.
    Do you think this is a problem or not? Do think the amnesty the government gave us include the illegal presence and work without authorization therefor it include not filling for taxes.?
    I don't have any criminal history, I'm a good person, the only violation I had I was living and working illegally.
    what the law say about working illegally and not paying taxes.

When a person apply for the Late amnesty CSS/LULAC settlement. The INS asking for the person employment history since 1982.
    when I got my work authorization back in 1990, I start to file for taxes because I was authorize to work by INS, before 1990 I was not authorize to work and I was working illegally and living illegal therefor I never file for taxes. I was getting paid in cash so the government will not find where I was working.
    Do you think this is a problem or not? Do think the amnesty the government gave us include the illegal presence and work without authorization therefor it include not filling for taxes.?
    I don't have any criminal history, I'm a good person, the only violation I had I was living and working illegally.
    what the law say about working illegally and not paying taxes.

My hubby is in the same situation, according to several lawyers, they said we need to file back taxes. Well we did that for 2001 and sent a big check to them to pay it. They sent the form back and said we need additional evidence of employment. The then employer refused to give us even a 1099. Althought they requested more info before they could file it, they kept the check. I am not a tax expert, all I can tell you is what we were told by the lawyers.