© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife and I need some HELP

Hi

My wife is from Thailand, she now a US citizen

Now she would like to bring her son to the US but there is a problem, the father will not sign any papers, because he and her son are very hard to find, he is hiding her son from her.

My question is do we have any legal pull to take her son from the father if we find him?

When I was at the Thai embassy I signed one of the papers saying I would support her son, that was at her interview before she came to the US.

ANY HOPE?

Hi

My wife is from Thailand, she now a US citizen

Now she would like to bring her son to the US but there is a problem, the father will not sign any papers, because he and her son are very hard to find, he is hiding her son from her.

My question is do we have any legal pull to take her son from the father if we find him?

When I was at the Thai embassy I signed one of the papers saying I would support her son, that was at her interview before she came to the US.

ANY HOPE?

You have singed that affidavite say that you will support her son...
    There are many questions to your case.....
    Please send more details about ...?
    How you met your wife...?
    Where....? Was she already Divoreced at that time....?
    Was you a U.S. Citizen.....?
    How old was your son at the time of your marrage....?
    Then many of us might be able to help you in this matter...

I think you need to think of what’s best for the boy. Not what you want. Clearly if your wife is now a USC, she has spent much time away from her son. This means that the boy has bonded with his Dad. If the Father didn’t love his son, he wouldn’t be hiding from you. The reason he’s hiding is because he knows you’ll be able to take him because you have more money.

You have 2 choices. 1. Do what’s best for the boy, and let it be. 2. Think of yourself, and offer $10,000 USD to the Thai police to take the boy from his Father. 10k will get the Father killed, and the boy in your hands. The boy will be devastated without his Dad.

Clearly, Davdah has not spent much time in Thailand.

That won't happen because his wife is Thai.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    The father is the father and has the absolute right to deny his child from being taken out of the country. May not like it. If the tables were turned and your wife left you, would you care for it being legal for anyone to say they will support the kid and that be all that was required to suspend your parental position?

The only way it will happen is either court order in Thailand or voluntarily given. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this. The father has rights too. She is the one who left the country, so she will need serious proof that she would be the better custodial parent.

Ordinarily if one parent won't grant permission, you need to go to court and apply for full custody and the right to take the child to live permanently outside of the country. In this case, it would be very difficult since your wife hasn't been in her sons life for a very long period of time. That is, of course, unless Unique is correct and the Thai system is really that corrupt. The only comfort on that is paying the police to remove the child won't matter - it's USCIS that require parental consent for any child under the age of 16.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Hi All

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the information

If the father and son are in Thailand, then it is just an issue for Thai law. This has nothing to do with American immigration law. Given that Thailand is a beautiful patriachal culture, I would suggest that there is not much you can do without the consent of the father, and obviously custodial parent.

davdah

If we were to try geting a court order, would we need to go through Homeland Security by filing the I-130 form here in the States or try an Immigration Lawer?