50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Aos Woes

I have been marrried to a US citizen for 2yrs and 3 months now. We have been seperated since January 2002. The seperation was never filed. My marriage to my wife had been rather turbulent over the last few months we lived as man and wife under the same roof. My wife also loves money. As a result of my financial situation she never put me on her insurance or utility bills. Don't get me wrong, I have always paid my share of the bills. We did manage to keep a cordial relationship. I filed for AOS in May 2001. All of a sudden my wife seemed to be distancing herself from me. I was not getting my mail. Most of the jobs I had applied for, apparently sent no replies to me ! Then, a a week back, out of curiosity i went to the INS office, and found that they had already mailed an interview date to me for September 2002.
    I confronted my estranged wife about this over the phone (politely ofcourse). Her answer was that she had not received anything, and even if she did, she was not going to any interviews. Her objective now is to see me ruined. Futher on I also found out via the internet that she had petitoned for a dissolution of marriage without my knowledge in the first week of July. She has claimed that I desserted her, which is blatantly false.
    My question is, Can i go the interview without her, citing the above mentioned events. I had entered the marriage into good faith with her. I need help, because this is my future at stake.

I have been marrried to a US citizen for 2yrs and 3 months now. We have been seperated since January 2002. The seperation was never filed. My marriage to my wife had been rather turbulent over the last few months we lived as man and wife under the same roof. My wife also loves money. As a result of my financial situation she never put me on her insurance or utility bills. Don't get me wrong, I have always paid my share of the bills. We did manage to keep a cordial relationship. I filed for AOS in May 2001. All of a sudden my wife seemed to be distancing herself from me. I was not getting my mail. Most of the jobs I had applied for, apparently sent no replies to me ! Then, a a week back, out of curiosity i went to the INS office, and found that they had already mailed an interview date to me for September 2002.
    I confronted my estranged wife about this over the phone (politely ofcourse). Her answer was that she had not received anything, and even if she did, she was not going to any interviews. Her objective now is to see me ruined. Futher on I also found out via the internet that she had petitoned for a dissolution of marriage without my knowledge in the first week of July. She has claimed that I desserted her, which is blatantly false.
    My question is, Can i go the interview without her, citing the above mentioned events. I had entered the marriage into good faith with her. I need help, because this is my future at stake.

If you don't go, they are going to start deportation proceedings against you.

I would get as much info as I could stating that you were married, lived together...

And I would probably call a lawyer on this one.