50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-485 being transferred from California Service center to Local office

My I485(emploment based) got transferred to local service center on July 20th 2004. My finger prints were done on July 15th 2004. ( second time) previously they were done in November 2002 when I applied for I485. My attorney says only 5 percent case get transferred to local office. I am seeing similar messages here. My question is, Is this a new trend by the immigration department to interview everyone or is it based on country of origion. My country of origion is India and I am a Canadian citizen. Are there similar people here, who are in the same boat. Did anyone had an interview yet? Please post.

My I485(emploment based) got transferred to local service center on July 20th 2004. My finger prints were done on July 15th 2004. ( second time) previously they were done in November 2002 when I applied for I485. My attorney says only 5 percent case get transferred to local office. I am seeing similar messages here. My question is, Is this a new trend by the immigration department to interview everyone or is it based on country of origion. My country of origion is India and I am a Canadian citizen. Are there similar people here, who are in the same boat. Did anyone had an interview yet? Please post.

i am from pakistan and my case just got transfered from VT service CTR to the local office.
    According to my lawyer, since i applied under 245i, so thats why they have to do the interview ...

http://www.visapro.com/INS-Processing-Times.asp

u can check the time frame of your local office from this sight ...

According to my lawyer, this is normal and it always happens, if u are under 245i ...
    I am more concerned with the timing, whether its faster or even more slower ...

I read in an immigiration Q&A that if service center transfer your files to a local office, It could mean two things. Either the service center is backlogged and sent to local office for further processing or an interview is needed. Normally,Employoment based petitions the interview is waived, However, It is said that about 5% are picked to be transferred (3% may have problems with paparwork or suspicious and the other 2% is picked in random to satisfy quality procedures). however, seems more and more are being transferred to local office for adjucation.