free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Hearing HELP

I need help,please. I am from California my husband is in ICE custody in New Mexico. I am on Social Security and dont have money for an attorney. I filed a I-130 for him in 2001. He was accepted in 2005. The Judge set a bond of 6,500. I cant post the bond he has no criminal history, I have a terminal illness, I need my husband for support emotionally and finaciay. What are the chances that the judge will release him on an "OR", or whats next???

I need help,please. I am from California my husband is in ICE custody in New Mexico. I am on Social Security and dont have money for an attorney. I filed a I-130 for him in 2001. He was accepted in 2005. The Judge set a bond of 6,500. I cant post the bond he has no criminal history, I have a terminal illness, I need my husband for support emotionally and finaciay. What are the chances that the judge will release him on an "OR", or whats next???

hi mbenitez, sorry to hear that about your husband . can you please give more details about your case. how did your husband enter the country ? was he legal or illegal? if illegal how long he was in the country before the arrest? and why hes been detain now ? give us more details please

He entered the country illegal. He has been here 11 years. We have 8 married. Yes he is still detained. I paid an attorney and he passed away the week I hired him. He has worked honestly and supported my boys who are citizens of this coutry.

Sorry that you feel like that, I dont have a long healthy body but I have a healthy heart and mind. For your information the immigration judge to my terminal illness into consideration. Thats too bad that it is drama for you....

Hello MB

you said you filed the i130 in 2001 and it was approved in 2005. Did you file the petition before april 30,2001? If so, did you file for the adjustment of status form I-485A supplement and pay the $1,000.00 for the amnesty. He was eligible under 245I.

Mike has listed some pro bono lawyers for you. Contact them ASAP. Get the proper paperwork in order and concentrate on documents and resources.

good luck

Hi, thanks for the information, yes we filed on April 30, 2001. I have contacted INS so many times and they never told me I needed to file anything else. I will get busy with that, thank you so much for your help, may God bless you..

Mb

at this stage, you need an attorney.

Please tell me circumstances when/how he was picked up by ICE
    and what was the reason given.

He was picked up by the police monda after fathers day, for public intoxication. Since he had no id, they found out he was here illegaly they called ICE.Then the DA dropped the charges.....He has been in custody for 1 month and a half