50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Our Experience

Hey me and my husband had our interview today at 7:30 am!! super early but oh well

here is how it went for us...
    We arrive to the building at 7:00 AM and had our bags checked, I had my camera and my phone with me so my husband had to run it down to the car. Then we went upstairs and were called in promptly at 7:30 AM. Our washed up notice was actually a good thing because it turned into a joke The interviewer we had was very friendly and staighforward. The first thing he did was ask us for our ID's and then he swore us in.
    The only thing he really asked us was how we met. So we explained to him how we met, and then he began to ask my husband about his life and how old he was when he entered the country.. blah blah. He asked us both where we were currently working. He saw that our birthdays are one day apart so he asked if we celebrate them together and we told him yes and said if he would like to see the pictures. He said he would but first he read off the list of questions
    have u ever committed a crime? protsitution? etc.
    He then asked for supporting documents which we gave him
    * taxes
    * bank accounts
    * phone bill
    * car insurance

Then we signed a paper he looked at our photos and said my husband should be recieving his green card in the mail!
    It was super fast and he didnt ask any of the questions we thought he didnt even ask about our wedding which was really surprising. So yea I guess I will just give the same advice to everyone which is to take a deep breath, be friendly, joking, and don't worry about it too much.
    Our timeline:
    - Dec 8 got married
    - filed papers in February
    - Biometrics in March
    - EAD in April
    - June 11 Interview =]

Hope this helps some of you, by the way we are in Florida!

Hey me and my husband had our interview today at 7:30 am!! super early but oh well

here is how it went for us...
    We arrive to the building at 7:00 AM and had our bags checked, I had my camera and my phone with me so my husband had to run it down to the car. Then we went upstairs and were called in promptly at 7:30 AM. Our washed up notice was actually a good thing because it turned into a joke The interviewer we had was very friendly and staighforward. The first thing he did was ask us for our ID's and then he swore us in.
    The only thing he really asked us was how we met. So we explained to him how we met, and then he began to ask my husband about his life and how old he was when he entered the country.. blah blah. He asked us both where we were currently working. He saw that our birthdays are one day apart so he asked if we celebrate them together and we told him yes and said if he would like to see the pictures. He said he would but first he read off the list of questions
    have u ever committed a crime? protsitution? etc.
    He then asked for supporting documents which we gave him
    * taxes
    * bank accounts
    * phone bill
    * car insurance

Then we signed a paper he looked at our photos and said my husband should be recieving his green card in the mail!
    It was super fast and he didnt ask any of the questions we thought he didnt even ask about our wedding which was really surprising. So yea I guess I will just give the same advice to everyone which is to take a deep breath, be friendly, joking, and don't worry about it too much.
    Our timeline:
    - Dec 8 got married
    - filed papers in February
    - Biometrics in March
    - EAD in April
    - June 11 Interview =]

Hope this helps some of you, by the way we are in Florida!

WELL DONE !!! SEE A WASHED OUT LETTER and everying goes well... very pleased for u...

As I posted a month ago, out interview went much the same as yours... The thing is, to be honest, have everything in order and be yourself... these people are trained to spot cheats.

Congratulations to you both, have a wonderful life together.