free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: NVC/embassy confusion.

hi all.
    We already got cleared through the NVC and have an appointment date set. I was reading up on the State Department's website about visa process.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigr..._marriage2.html

Section titled "What Does the National Visa Center Do?" says:

" ... Sends the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee
    Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC
    Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, form DS-230
    Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.
    Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete ... "

BUT section titled "Applying for a Visa" says:

" ... In general, the following is required:
    Evidence of financial support. A completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from petitioner/sponsor is required.
    Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, both Part I and Part II
    Two immigrant visa photos
    Proof of the marriage and the husband/wife relationship
    Payment of immigrant processing fees ... "

The visa is IR1, Moscow embassy. We already submitted I-864, copies of taxes, DS-230 Part I and affidavit/visa fees ($65/$335) to the NVC. The instructions we got from the embassy say that we have to bring the affidavit (I-864), copies of taxes, DS-230 Part I(!) and II to the interview and get ready to pay visa fee(!) when instructed. Does this mean the the NVC kept those forms? That wouldn't make any sense.

To my understanding we already paid visa fee and the embassy has I-864/DS-230 Part I in the file, right? I know that the embassy has received the file because the interview letter was bar-coded and had the case number on it. The $1.75 per minute phone calls to the embassy were useless. They said they don't have access to the file and cannot check if the forms are in there. They advised to bring the forms "just to be on a safe side" and get the money ready for the fee. Again?! ****.

Anybody went through this new NVC/embassy process to clarify this confusion?

hi all.
    We already got cleared through the NVC and have an appointment date set. I was reading up on the State Department's website about visa process.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigr..._marriage2.html

Section titled "What Does the National Visa Center Do?" says:

" ... Sends the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee
    Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC
    Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, form DS-230
    Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.
    Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete ... "

BUT section titled "Applying for a Visa" says:

" ... In general, the following is required:
    Evidence of financial support. A completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from petitioner/sponsor is required.
    Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, both Part I and Part II
    Two immigrant visa photos
    Proof of the marriage and the husband/wife relationship
    Payment of immigrant processing fees ... "

The visa is IR1, Moscow embassy. We already submitted I-864, copies of taxes, DS-230 Part I and affidavit/visa fees ($65/$335) to the NVC. The instructions we got from the embassy say that we have to bring the affidavit (I-864), copies of taxes, DS-230 Part I(!) and II to the interview and get ready to pay visa fee(!) when instructed. Does this mean the the NVC kept those forms? That wouldn't make any sense.

To my understanding we already paid visa fee and the embassy has I-864/DS-230 Part I in the file, right? I know that the embassy has received the file because the interview letter was bar-coded and had the case number on it. The $1.75 per minute phone calls to the embassy were useless. They said they don't have access to the file and cannot check if the forms are in there. They advised to bring the forms "just to be on a safe side" and get the money ready for the fee. Again?! ****.

Anybody went through this new NVC/embassy process to clarify this confusion?