50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: want to get married

hi just a few questions i need to ask ..if anyone can help i am an canadian citizen .engaged to an american citizen .he was living with me in canada for 6 months but his papers got denied and had to return home 7 days before our wedding day
    i am here now in the states with him we are planning on getting married real soon .i came here on a passport only .we are going to file the i-130 after we are marreid i also have my son here with me .he is 10 and in school .my question is what do we do next ..and what is the percentage of me staying with the man of my dreams .once we file what it is we are supposed to ,and do it rite .or is there a way of doing it rite ..i find the immigration process very confusing .i also have family here .an aunt and uncle and two cousins .who are american citizens ..any way you can help i appericate it .thanks

hi just a few questions i need to ask ..if anyone can help i am an canadian citizen .engaged to an american citizen .he was living with me in canada for 6 months but his papers got denied and had to return home 7 days before our wedding day
    i am here now in the states with him we are planning on getting married real soon .i came here on a passport only .we are going to file the i-130 after we are marreid i also have my son here with me .he is 10 and in school .my question is what do we do next ..and what is the percentage of me staying with the man of my dreams .once we file what it is we are supposed to ,and do it rite .or is there a way of doing it rite ..i find the immigration process very confusing .i also have family here .an aunt and uncle and two cousins .who are american citizens ..any way you can help i appericate it .thanks

Marilyn,

I have a post which you may want to see...check out US/Can Immigration post.

I am no expert and please don't just take my word for things.

This is from someone I know personally who has divorced with children. Although I do not know what your situation is with your childs father, you may want to check to verify.

Canada is very strict when it comes to child custody and always has both interests of the parents in mind. You leaving the Province let alone the Country with a minor child and not clearing with immigration first is a big no no with Canada. A good friend of mine had to go through a lengthly process to leave one Province to move to another not to mention waiting till her children were of a certain age.

Wish you the best of luck,
    LJC

hi just read your post... i do have full custody of my son i also have a14 year old daughter whom lives with her father
    i did get a consent letter from my sons father to leave the country .also his father had to sign his passport application in order for me to get it .his father has no objection to me leaving canada with my son . but thanks for the info i will be sure to look into it .