50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLC Local Office processing I-485 filed 3/2/04 .... true??

Hello everyone!

My case is based on marriage to USC and has a receipt date of 3/2/04. I already have my EAD. To my huge surprise I was checking processing dates on the USCIS website and it said that my local office (Salt Lake City, UT) is now processing applications filed on 3/2/04. I was so shocked that I called the USCIS 800 number and they told me my case was in the final stages of processing and that it had been forwarded from the Missouri National Benefits Center to the Salt Lake City local office. They also told me that my case had been updated 6/16/04 but I still dont get any notice on my e-mail, through the online case status. They told me I am supposed to receive a notice in the mail in 30 to 60 days.

I am really excited that my case is getting processed in such a short time! like 4 or 5 months! But that is when I started to get suspicious. Could this be a good thing or a bad thing? Is the information I got true and accurate? Is there something I should be concerned about?

I would appreciate any kind of advice you could give me

Hello everyone!

My case is based on marriage to USC and has a receipt date of 3/2/04. I already have my EAD. To my huge surprise I was checking processing dates on the USCIS website and it said that my local office (Salt Lake City, UT) is now processing applications filed on 3/2/04. I was so shocked that I called the USCIS 800 number and they told me my case was in the final stages of processing and that it had been forwarded from the Missouri National Benefits Center to the Salt Lake City local office. They also told me that my case had been updated 6/16/04 but I still dont get any notice on my e-mail, through the online case status. They told me I am supposed to receive a notice in the mail in 30 to 60 days.

I am really excited that my case is getting processed in such a short time! like 4 or 5 months! But that is when I started to get suspicious. Could this be a good thing or a bad thing? Is the information I got true and accurate? Is there something I should be concerned about?

I would appreciate any kind of advice you could give me

No, I would say that it's a very good thing!!!!! you will have your interview sooner than you expected. I have known of other people whose processes have also been completed in 5-6 months, in NY and in other city which I don't remember right now. SO, don't worry, the USCIS is expediting processes; I don't know what do they base on to do that but it's a fact that they are working.

Alex-P What are you going to do in the Marines?
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Bushmaster,

Probably motor transport mechanic while I get my college degree, then I'll go into a combat specialty. Since I'm not a U.S. citizen I don't have security clearance to do other specialties like aircraft mechanic or military intelligence.
    Are you in the military, or considering it?

Thank you for your replies!

Another question I have is about the affidavit of support. My wife is the main sponsor of course but she only has a couple of her tax returns because she's only 20. In her last one she comes a couple hundred dollars short of meeting the requirement without considering my income. Will this be a problem at the time of my interview? Can my income be considered even though I just started working legally about a month ago? I know we can get a joint sponsor but I want to avoid that by all means because her parents have had a lot of problems with the IRS and some other things so I would think that they would be reluctant to co-sponsor for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated...
    Thanks

Yes, you may include the incomme you have generated as well as any asset or savings you may have as a household member if you have lived in the main sponsor's residence for the previous six months. You can find the complete information in instructions for Form I-864. In addition to Form I-864 *Affidavit of Support* you may have to fill in and sign Form I-864A "Contract between Sponsor and Household Member"

***Are you in the military, or considering it?***

Alex-P sorry for the delayed response friend...

Man forget the Marines, come Army this way... I am in Army DEP MOS 15 Y Apache Longbow Avionics, and going to apply for flight school once I get the N-400 squared away. I don't have a security clearance as well, technically I can not hold one, but Army completed the necessary clearances before I got this job....

Yes so listen to me, Go Army, beat Navy and everything else Airforce is not military anyway
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

I don't understand why you guys want to join the military JUST TO GET KILLED IN IRAQ!

WHAT KIND OF DRUGS ARE YOU ON?
    Sweet Madame Belu

NO GUTS, NO GLORY!!

Bushmaster, good luck with that, sounds really interesting, I hope I can get into something like that as well. Are you also waiting for your green card to enlist? I am, and I can't wait. Keep in touch!

Army or Marines, they're both great as long as you are motivated. Semper fi!