50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I130 and marriage

Hello. My father had applied for I130 for me ( unmarried daughter of permanent resident over 21) and at last (after 5 years) it has just been processed and hopefully I will receive an answer soon.

My question is that I have long-time sweetheart back in my home country, I wonder if I marry him before I get an approval can he also become a permanent resident or else marrying him would mean a rejection of my application.

One another question is if I wait to become a permanent resident and marry him afterwards would that mean that he would have to wait 5-6 years to get approved?

I would really appreciate your answers.

Hello. My father had applied for I130 for me ( unmarried daughter of permanent resident over 21) and at last (after 5 years) it has just been processed and hopefully I will receive an answer soon.

My question is that I have long-time sweetheart back in my home country, I wonder if I marry him before I get an approval can he also become a permanent resident or else marrying him would mean a rejection of my application.

One another question is if I wait to become a permanent resident and marry him afterwards would that mean that he would have to wait 5-6 years to get approved?

I would really appreciate your answers.

1) Congratulations, but if you are over 21, you may have a longer wait than you think.
    2) Yes, if you marry while waiting to immigrate based on a petition from an LPR parent, you will be denied. Only US citizens can bring married children to the US.
    3) Yes, LPRs have over a five year wait to bring a spouse and children to the US.
    4) If your father naturalizes, the petition he filed for you upgrades. After he is a US citizen, you can marry and immigrate along with your spouse.