50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need help My I-751 is apprived and I am getting divorce

I have been married for 25 month with my USC wife and just got my 10 years green card.
    Things were not great between my wife and I, but I have been wating to get my green card before getting divorce. Now I want to know is there any thing she can do to have me deported since she mentioned that she will file for fraud and she will do any thing to have me deported if I divorce her.

I will appriciate any thoughts or advices.

I have been married for 25 month with my USC wife and just got my 10 years green card.
    Things were not great between my wife and I, but I have been wating to get my green card before getting divorce. Now I want to know is there any thing she can do to have me deported since she mentioned that she will file for fraud and she will do any thing to have me deported if I divorce her.

I will appriciate any thoughts or advices.

If you have the 10 year card you are okay, but naturalization will be difficult.

Just out of curosity, was the marriage good for the 24-months you needed to get the green card?

bigdummy

Thanks, can you explain why the naturalization is going to be harder, can't I file for naturalization after 5 years?

bigdummy,
    A 10-year card does not make an alien immune from the consequences of a finding of fraud by USCIS.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Naturalization will look closely and since you divorced so soon after getting permanent residence they may suspect you only married for immigration purposes. Yes, you can file after 5.

If USCIS finds someone guilty of fraud then all benefits may be taken away, but WHEN do they EVER find anyone guilty of marriage fraud?

When it's clearly a case of fraud and USCIS has the required evidence.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Listen Armin

Stop wasting this board's time with you asking the same question over and over again.. and now you are giving us misinformation. That not good. You already had your n-400 interview..or did you lie to us about that?????

5 days ago u said:
    "It is been almost 7 month that I have been wating for FBI Name check after the interview for N-400, now how about if I get divorce from the USC wife that I have filed my N-400 based on beeing married to her for 3 years. Is it going cuause any problems for me in the oath ceremoney?
    Are they going to ask for any proof of marriage again???? "

mohan

Posted October 06, 2005 07:34 PM
    no problem .. you can naturalize even when you are divorce..
    only crime can stop you to become Citizen

Mohan is expert, and he has spoken based on facts that you gave. If facts are not accurate , then thats your fault on answer.

Now... you are the Big Dummy if you went for citizenship based on marriage knowing for fact that the wife has bonafide information on being able to prove marriage fraud. Then being even a bigger idiot dummy by leaving b4 taking the oath and making sure everything is secure. ITs called GREED! Now, If she is just blowing smoke about you leaving afterwards, with no proofs, then you shouldnt worry about it.

But based on your intensive posts here, I begin to suscpect you have something to worry about.

Just stop wasting our time here if u not going to be honest.

Hey 4now,

I see your confiusion, the most recent situation I have shared with the board was about one of my friends who needed some advices. Any way I appriciate your help and advices.

So you got 10 yrs green card that you have been waiting for as u said in your post... clearly you didnt divorce her because u didnt have the green card in ur hand...no problem...i believe many more are like you i mean your case...what's the hesitation ...? u got the green card...divorce her... good luck...Pasha

P.S. If they do find fraud then u r in trouble if they dont find it then ur plan worked out...