50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DV 2008 consultations...please help; I AM STUCK...

Hi guys!

1. I am an international student continuing studies in the U.S.A.

2. I am expected to finish my studies in 2010.
    A few months ago I got a notification letter that I had won the DV-2008 lottery.

3. I sent all the paper work and declared that I would like to have my interview made in the U.S.A. at the closest immigration office from where I live.

4. I got the second letter that said that I should contact the INS (USCIS) office after October 1 for my interview and that I was all done with the Kentucky Consular Center (the one that organizes the lottery)
    They also requested me to pay the $375 fee.

5. I did pay that fee and got a receipt back.

6. NOW I AM STUCK AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR HOW THIS THING IS GONNA WORK OUT FOR ME?
    (also I did not renew my student visa so I will find myself without a visa if I leave U.S.A.)

Please help me with this...Thank You!

Hi guys!

A few months ago I got a notification letter that I had won the DV-2008 lottery.

3. I sent all the paper work and declared that I would like to have my interview made in the U.S.A. at the closest immigration office from where I live.

4. I got the second letter that said that I should contact the INS (USCIS) office after October 1 for my interview and that I was all done with the Kentucky Consular Center (the one that organizes the lottery)

6. NOW I AM STUCK AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR HOW THIS THING IS GONNA WORK OUT FOR ME?
    (also I did not renew my student visa so I will find myself without a visa if I leave U.S.A.)

Please help me with this...Thank You!

What part of "contact the USCIS office after October 1" didn't you understand?

I thought that university students were supposed to be intelligent!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    What part of "contact the USCIS office after October 1" didn't you understand?

I thought that university students were supposed to be intelligent!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey buddy thanx for the comment...but it didn't help much...
    I see that you have no experience with the lotteries and man, I know, it is a little hard to accept it but yeah...I haven't seen any "university student" having a better story than mine in the U.S.A....
    I am starting to love this country...

and by the way...if you can't post anything useful...please STOP posting BS...
    (nothing personal- i am not the owner of this account so don't get me wrong)
    enjoy....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">6. NOW I AM STUCK AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR HOW THIS THING IS GONNA WORK OUT FOR ME?

Please help me with this...Thank You! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you feel that you are stuck ?
    What do you need to know ?

If you have valid I-20 you should be OK to continue your studies until AOS takes place.

This is not legal advice. Consult an immigration attorney if you have questions regarding travel abroad while your AOS application is pending.

Hey like,
    Once my sister got the receipt back from the USCIS after she paid the 375.00, we sent in the I-485 because her DV number was current. I think that if your number is current, you can send in your I-485. We are now waiting for a decision.

SELECTION OF APPLICANTS

The computer will select at random individuals from among all qualified entries. They will be notified by mail between May and July 2007 and will be provided further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the U.S. Those selected in the random drawing are NOT notified by email. Those individuals NOT selected will NOT receive any notification. U.S. embassies and consulates will not be able to provide a list of successful entrants. Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 of successful entrants may also apply for visas to accompany or follow to join the principal applicant. DV-2008 visas will be issued between October 1, 2007 and September 30, 2008.
    In order to receive a Diversity Visa to immigrate to the United States, those chosen in the random drawing must meet ALL eligibility requirements under U.S. law. Processing of entries and issuance of diversity visas to successful individuals and their eligible family members MUST occur by midnight on September 30, 2008. Under no circumstances can diversity visas be issued or adjustments approved after this date, nor can family members obtain diversity visas to follow to join the principal applicant in their case in the U.S. after this date.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2008_Final.pdf

------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I sent all the paper work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What paperwork did you send and where did you send it?

When I got the first mail from the Kentucky Consular Center they required me to fill some forms(something like education, work experience,
    where do you want your GC shipped, addresses, SS#...etc)
    I sent them back to the same center...
    After 2 months I got a second mail telling me that I was all done with the Kentucky Consular Center. They also thanked me for choosing to have my interview given in the U.S.A and advised me to contact with USCIS after October 1st...They wanted me to pay to the Department of State a $375 fee(required to keep the lottery running every year)...I got a recipe back for paying that...

My problem is that I don't know anyone who has been in the same scenario as me and how they have acted.

I just posted to get recommendations on how to go on with it.

Hey pakka....
    Thanx for your post on my topic...

After I paid the $375 fee I got a recipe from the Department of State. And I haven't got any mail from the USCIS.
    Can you please let me know if I have to wait for any Immigration mail or I should apply right away for AoS (I-485). This is why I am saying that I don't know what to do!
    Thanx!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by like:
    Hi guys!

Please help me with this...Thank You! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I believe your real question is should you renew your F1 visa or not since you now have a pending diversity lottery petition? Best advice is to renew your F1 visa status until you receive notice you have been selected.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre