free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I130 procedure - what happens?

Hi,
    I am filing an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for my wife - who is a chinese citizen resident in China. We have a few questions:

1) What is the overall procedure after I submit the form? Will the UCIS contact me for interview first, or will they contact my wife in China? We'd like to know the sequence of events

2) My wife's mailing address is different from her home address. The relative address appears twice on the form, C2 and C19. How can we be sure any communication goes to the mailing address?

3) We see we can submit I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence concurrently with I-130. Seems to me this will complicat eteh process - is there and advantage / disadvantage to doing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice yo can give me. We really appreciate the support and advice this board has given us previously
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Hi,
    I am filing an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for my wife - who is a chinese citizen resident in China. We have a few questions:

1) What is the overall procedure after I submit the form? Will the UCIS contact me for interview first, or will they contact my wife in China? We'd like to know the sequence of events

2) My wife's mailing address is different from her home address. The relative address appears twice on the form, C2 and C19. How can we be sure any communication goes to the mailing address?

3) We see we can submit I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence concurrently with I-130. Seems to me this will complicat eteh process - is there and advantage / disadvantage to doing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice yo can give me. We really appreciate the support and advice this board has given us previously
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence, is to adjust her status if she is already in the U.S.. She is not in U.S. so she can not adjust status.

Just be careful with I-864. If you sign that, you will be turning over your life to her. Read the clauses. Are you sure she married you and not your passport?
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

1-after you file the i-130 with all the supporting documents to uscis,they will mail you a reciept notice(i-797) telling you that they have recieved it and you will have a reciept number so you can track it online etc.... after that they will not contact you unless if they need something from you or your wife (evidence,messing documents,etc..) and when they approve the i-130 they will forward a copy of the approval notice to the national visa center and they national visa center will contact you and mail you some documents to fill out etc... but this is little early now to talk about the national visa center ,just make sure you put a valid address in the u.s bcoz you will get the receipt not your wife and make sure you dont mess anything when you file it with uscis . 4 copys of the g-325a (4 each) for you and your wife and personal check or money order of the amount of $355 , Copy of the full Birth certificate for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport.copy of petitioner's proof of naturalization(if you dont have a passport),A copy of your marriage certificate,f either you or your wife were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated (court certified copies),One passport-type photo(for each)and Write the full name of the beneficiary on the back,Evidence of a bonafide marriage(important) and dont forget to sighn th eapplication and forward the g-325a forms to your wife so she can sighn them and then mail it back to you .and you Should include a description of what your are petitioning for i-130(cover letter).
    2-C-2 and C-19 is the same my friend,they are asking about her address abroad(were she lives right now) make sure to put her correct address bcoz u want her to get the mail when guys deal with the NVC ,this is very important .
    3-forget the i-1485 ,this is not for you right now,this is for the ppl who entered the u.s legally on k-3 visa etc.. and want to adjust their status in the u.s ,shes not in the u.s and she can only adjust her status thru the embassy at her interview. good luck
    good luck

Great thanks
    What do you think about the mailing address? Since my wife has differnt residence and mailing address should we put on the form?

BTW the PDF form has very little space to enter long foreign addresses
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Another thing - sorry to have so many questions!

I130, establishing bona fides it seems we are a bit weak. Since we live in seperate countries we don't have comingled finances, shared property, children etc. We only live together intermittently during short vacations, business trips etc. It is a catch 22 situation.

I could get affadavits from people who were present at the wedding, but we already have a marriage licence.

Actually we met through business and I thought I could write a explanaton of the roots and longevity of our relationship with pictures etc - will that help?

Also, in terms of I864 we easily the poverty level - by several times . Will that weigh heavily in our favor?

Any advice on these bona fides will help
    Wolf. Right Here and Now