50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: interview for green card

My interview for my conditional status green card has been scheduled for April 7, 2005. My wife and I are separated and a divorce looks imminent. The marriage was entered into good faith, she although turned out to be a controlling _itch( I do have a police report filed against her for domestic violence). In the meantime I have met someone new ane would like to start a life with her. Should I go to the interview and explain the situation? Can I start a new petition with the woman I am with now? What are my best options to stay here in this country?

My interview for my conditional status green card has been scheduled for April 7, 2005. My wife and I are separated and a divorce looks imminent. The marriage was entered into good faith, she although turned out to be a controlling _itch( I do have a police report filed against her for domestic violence). In the meantime I have met someone new ane would like to start a life with her. Should I go to the interview and explain the situation? Can I start a new petition with the woman I am with now? What are my best options to stay here in this country?

Someone please advise. I'm not a bad person, my marriage just has not worked out. We were married in May 04 and I have now discovered that I cannot be married to this woman anymore. I can not put up with living this way and want to make it right and get on with my life here in America. I ahve made a life here now and don't want to be punished for having a bad marriage. How would i cancel my current petition, form I-485 is in progress. Would I have to leave the country immediately? Could I leave on voluntary departure so i could come back in the country? Could I then have the current woman I am with petition for me as my fiance?

If your wife is willing to go to the interview and you can ensure that she won't backstab you in the back. That would be the easiest way.
    Otherwise, delay the interview until the divorce is finalized, and then file the appropriate waiver based on it.
    IMO, marrying the other lady right now will make it really suspicious to USCIS.