free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife enter u.s illigally

My wife has been in us for 5 yrs we have been married for almost 1 year and have a child together. We have been told by ins officers to file only the I-130 and we have been told by ins officers to file both I-130 and adjust status. some lawyers tell us wait untill after election some say file those forms now. what is the easiest way and quickest way to get her to be documented. please help, i have those 2 forms and the medical waviers and the finacial papers foms that are ready to send in we have spent 1000 in consultations fees for people to tells us nothing what should we do email me too please jlcrabtree@aol.com

My wife has been in us for 5 yrs we have been married for almost 1 year and have a child together. We have been told by ins officers to file only the I-130 and we have been told by ins officers to file both I-130 and adjust status. some lawyers tell us wait untill after election some say file those forms now. what is the easiest way and quickest way to get her to be documented. please help, i have those 2 forms and the medical waviers and the finacial papers foms that are ready to send in we have spent 1000 in consultations fees for people to tells us nothing what should we do email me too please jlcrabtree@aol.com

If your wife enter illegally, there's no way to legalize her status period. You'll just waste the $$$ for the filing fee for all those forms and if you continue anyway, only worse things can happen. Sorry to hear you waste so much money, but there's nothing you can do at the present time.

There has to be something i can do......

Hi

Are you saying she entered without inspection as in (sneaked in)? If so. she will not be able to adjust status from U.S. Soil. I am not saying she cannot adjust.. but currently she cannot adjust while she is still in the states.

Is there any record of her being here in states?

The only thing you can do is file an I-130. She cannot adjust her status here. The reason the attorney told you to wait is in the hope that they extend the law for people who entered illegally to be able to adjust their status here. In the post-9/11 world it is doubtful that this will be extended anytime soon. The only thing she can do is go home and file there. Once she leaves, though, she exposes herself to the 10 year bar and would need a waiver before she could come back.....assuming she hasn't been ordered deported or anything.

Can she file the I-130 and then wait to its approved then file the petition to enter the u.s (with the waivier) Can this wavier be mailed in by me or does it have to be filled out by her in her home country of mexico

ok thats a downer. They will know she was here.. otherwise she could have gone back home and you could have used a k/1 or k3 to bring her.

I am sorry to know you spent all that money. Now the only way will be for her to go home and apply for waivers. 212 and 601 .. Will be long and hard process and can only hope for success.

Otherwise wait and see if there will be another 245I which would allow her to adjust here in the states after marrriage to USC. Applications for 245I has ended.

Decide if you want to sit back and wait for another 245I if it comes, or go the seperation of spouse with the waivers.

Best wishes to you.

P.S. When you check with immi attorney.. make sure he/she has experience with waivers/illegal immigration.

Please do search under "spouse". She had sucessful waiver approval to bring her husband back ."

someone told me that i could file the I130 along with the adjust status and when i go for inverview fight it out there bringing in all kinds of proof that this is legit. Is there a waiver if her parents made her come here.....