50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Here since 1988

Hi, my friend's father just became a citizen and he petition my friend (from Mexico) back in the year of 1992, however when he came to Chicago he applied thru the Family Unity section 301 of IMMACT 90. We wanted to know if he can now apply for permanent resident. He is still single, never had any trouble with the law and continues to get his employment card. Oh he just file the application form I-817, and form I-130, he went to some place where they help you fill out forms, but his dad already file an I-130 for his mom back on 1992 and he was on that I-130 of course he was under 18 years old at the time. Please ADVISE.

Hi, my friend's father just became a citizen and he petition my friend (from Mexico) back in the year of 1992, however when he came to Chicago he applied thru the Family Unity section 301 of IMMACT 90. We wanted to know if he can now apply for permanent resident. He is still single, never had any trouble with the law and continues to get his employment card. Oh he just file the application form I-817, and form I-130, he went to some place where they help you fill out forms, but his dad already file an I-130 for his mom back on 1992 and he was on that I-130 of course he was under 18 years old at the time. Please ADVISE.

Hi Opel: (nice nick, by the way!)

I think he sure can apply for permanent residency...but it also depends on what visa he holds currently...and what he has been holding since 1988. There are non-immigrant visas that cannot be changed within the US to immigrant visas...did his mother ever got immigration visa from that i-130?

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Thank you for your quick response. His father was the one petitioning him at the time, along with his brothers and sisters. Since his dad is a citizen he thought why cant he now apply for permanent resident? He did not understand why the place where he went for services (immigration) made him apply again for an I-130.So now he has an I-130 approval, can he now apply for the I-485. Oh and since I'm asking, can his sister who lives in Mexico and never been here over 21 apply for the I-485. Her I-130 approval has a priority date of 09/30/1992. his other sister has a priority date of 10/11/1995, but she lives here, can there father submit the I-485? Thank you again.