publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: can out of status person marry navy man?

can anyone tell me if a man in the Navy would get in trouble for marrying a female who came into this country legally at age 5 but is now out of staus for 7 years, now age 21? Does a Navy/serviceman have to ask permission from his superior officer to get married and can they turn him down? One of my friends told me this and I would like to know if there is any truth to either of these questions.

can anyone tell me if a man in the Navy would get in trouble for marrying a female who came into this country legally at age 5 but is now out of staus for 7 years, now age 21? Does a Navy/serviceman have to ask permission from his superior officer to get married and can they turn him down? One of my friends told me this and I would like to know if there is any truth to either of these questions.

Hi Candy,

Your future son-in-law should ask those questions his superior officer.

I have never heard that a military person got in trouble for marying an illegal alien. Military / Navy has its own lawyers (not sure how they are called) and liaisons in the USCIS.

The only think that I can see as a problem, ( and I don't know much about military) is if your son-in-law position requires some special security-clearance that would include checking out his wife. And that would be temporary issue, until her papers are sorted out. I am just guessing here...

A few military people participate on this board from time to time. I hope you hear from them.

Aneri,
    Thank you for answering my question. I hope a military person will answer me too.
    He does have security clearance as he is an instructor for Nuclear Research Engineering. Do you mean "until her papers are sorted out" after they are married and they apply for a change of status? I guess if the military checked her out before and found her to be out of status they would tell him he can't marry her? What do you think? She's been educated in this country since Kindergarten, it was an error by attorney's who had her passpost and visa in their inactive file all these years and bad advice from INS themselves that caused her visa to run out and be out of status. We didn't even realize it had happened until we went to register her for junior college. It can be proven she has resided in the US for 16 years and is no terrorist threat.