Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI Name check

I've got an unusual question.

My wife will soon be getting her Visa to travel to USA.

She has been unable to get her certificate of School completion (similar to High School diploma), 3rd World countries are not great at admin.

Anyway, she tells me she has contacts where she can get a Certificate done, on the sly for a price, so to speak, it will look and be the real thing, they will even put the official document in records at the Admin building in the country which can be verified.

My question is this,when the FBI does their name/background check, are they going to be scrutinizing these types documents.

Keep in mind it will be real and all, just be kinda "new" if you know what I mean, and these docs are not needed for her immigration.

We just want them as it can help with Job placement.

Please advise.

I've got an unusual question.

My wife will soon be getting her Visa to travel to USA.

She has been unable to get her certificate of School completion (similar to High School diploma), 3rd World countries are not great at admin.

Anyway, she tells me she has contacts where she can get a Certificate done, on the sly for a price, so to speak, it will look and be the real thing, they will even put the official document in records at the Admin building in the country which can be verified.

My question is this,when the FBI does their name/background check, are they going to be scrutinizing these types documents.

Keep in mind it will be real and all, just be kinda "new" if you know what I mean, and these docs are not needed for her immigration.

Please advise.

RaceB...

??? Can you say FRAUD ?? Sorry to say this to you, but this sure doesn't sound like a good start for you to get your wife here! I think others will agree with me, it's FRAUD !! Sadly there have to be others in the same predicament as you are in, and who have to wait as well... but what you ARE thinking/attempting is way wrong ! It IS FRAUD !

Be a better person and bring her here THE RIGHT WAY!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaceB:

Please advise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !

Well, I guess technically it is fraud, but I do understand that when you're dealing with a corrupt country where the system doesn't work you may have to work the system. That's all I'll say about that.

To your question. I'm quite sure that the FBI is not going to check these documents as the FBI only checks documents within the US. They do not check foreign documents.

When the BCIS wants to access foreign documents they will ask the immigrant to produce them, they will not get them themselves. Since some countries have really poorly working system of keeping records of different kinds the BCIS, or the FBI on BCIS order, would have to spend a lot of time trying to navigate these systems. Some countries records are also notoriously unreliable. The BCIS knows this and therefore don't even bother asking for them.

Also remember that there are hundreds of countried that people immigrate from. The BCIS can't know what all of their records of different kinds look like. When I immigrated here I was asked for things like a birth certificate and vaccination records, which I gave them. They looked at it real quick and that was that. I remember wondering how they knew if this really was a real document (it was) since they had no clue of what it said except for what I told them it said (for the birth certificate I had a notorized translation but for the medical records I didn't since it wasn't required, but they seemed satisfied with it after looking at it for a few seconds.)

When I immigrated I was asked on the form if I had graduated High School (or equivalent) so I had my sister go get my records from my old school, but it turned out to be unecessary as they never asked for them. So I don't think that your wife will even need to worry about it. The only reason I can see that she may need it would be for employment purposes, but that is also unlikely. I never have, and if she speaks decent English she can just go get her GED which may be more useful in the US than a foreign HS diploma.

So, I don't want to tell you that I'm 100% certain that you don't have to worry about this document or the FBI scrutinizing (sp?) it as I'm not in immigration proffessional, but I can tell you with quite a lot of confidence that the FBI will not scrutinize your wife's High School records (or equivalent). The FBI background check only checks for arrests and convictions withing the US.

Good luck,

Enirel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enirel:
    Well, I guess technically it is fraud, but I do understand that when you're dealing with a corrupt country where the system doesn't work you may have to work the system. That's all I'll say about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

~Yes Enirel, it IS still FRAUD! I didn't see any mention about a 'corrupt country', and certainly not ALL 3rd World Countries are Corrupt!!

~I WAS happy to hear your recommendation to RB that he should have someone go to the school...and since his wife seems to still be there, then she should go & inquire about her records...whether necessary or not! ...That IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. And who knows ~ RaceB might just BE ASKED for the records, and then what ??

My father always said ... "If you want something bad enough, you have to WORK for it."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    When I immigrated I was asked on the form if I had graduated High School (or equivalent) so I had my sister go get my records from my old school, but it turned out to be unecessary as they never asked for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>..........smart move!

Got Faith said:
    "Yes Enirel, it IS still FRAUD! I didn't see any mention about a 'corrupt country', and certainly not ALL 3rd World Countries are Corrupt!"

Please read the following from the original post:
    "Anyway, she tells me she has contacts where she can get a Certificate done, on the sly for a price, so to speak, it will look and be the real thing, they will even put the official document in records at the Admin building in the country which can be verified."

The above reference to a practice of buying official documents is a prime example of corruption. So, you're right, not all 3rd world countried are corrupt but based on the fact that you can pay for official school records in this country we can determine that this particular country is corrupt.

Let me clarify, these records are NOT being asked for by US Consul, as they are not needed for VISA.

She has gone to the School and was told all records had been discarded.

The document will be the "official Certificate".

The only reason to get them is to help her secure employment here in the USA.

RaceB...

I read your questions. You have nothing to worry about. Her school diploma has nothing to do with the immigration stuff. Plus FBI doesn't have resources to find that out anyway. FBI is too slow and too dumb. You and your wife will be fine. Don't listen to the other members. Some of them should not even be here.

Tomek.

To You, Tomek I believe that the clarification made by RaceB may have been his way of attempting to, perhaps feel better about reading that he was being fraudulent. All in all, his 'intent' is still illegal...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomek:
    RaceB...

I read your questions. You have nothing to worry about. Her school diploma has nothing to do with the immigration stuff. Plus FBI doesn't have resources to find that out anyway. FBI is too slow and too dumb. You and your wife will be fine. Don't listen to the other members. Some of them should not even be here.

Tomek. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt; &gt; &gt;

{quote]Don't listen to the other members. Some of them should not even be here.[/quote]

Tomek EVERYone has their own O P I N I O N S... (sure you know about Opinions, yes?)...So now we have yours. thank you! Guess we also now know where YOU stand on the matters of FRAUD!

For the Record...I happen to be a Very Proud U.S. Citizen who condones illegal activities, fraud, thievery, being conned...and for the most part...seeing people present themselves as who they are NOT!! Sadly there are Thousands around us. Even sadder, there are THOUSANDS of people (Tons on THESE boards) who are looking to manipulate, con innocent Americans, take advantage of others by praying on their vulnerabilities and feelings...AND exploit the SYSTEM! I could go on. So, when I see something ILLEGAL, (which reallllly bothers me ~ could you tell?)...I exercise my right to free speech and let MY comments be known. Others may not want to hear it, but that's not my problem ... they can say what they want. That's ONE of the beauties about America and BEING an American and I'm Blessed to be able to call it HOME ! And yes, I DO know that this IS the BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! If it weren't...why would so many people want to live here !

&gt; &gt; &gt;

To You, RaceB:

1)<span class="ev_code_BLUE">"she tells me she has contacts where she can get a Certificate done, on the sly for a price, so to speak, it will look and be the real thing..."</span>

2)<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted by RaceB
    Let me clarify, these records are NOT being asked for by US Consul, as they are not needed for VISA.

She has gone to the School and was told all records had been discarded.

The document will be the "official Certificate".

The only reason to get them is to help her secure employment here in the USA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.....Your clarification does make sense ...Sadly the way you originally stated you planned to get what was needed is still the wrong way to accomplish what needs to be done! It's still FRAUD ! I'm sure you still don't like hearing it, but it IS what it is.

&gt; &gt; &gt;

<span class="ev_code_RED">WORD OF THE DAY:</span>

FRAUD

Main Entry: fraud
    Function: noun
    Pronunciation: 'fro d
    Etymology: Middle English fraude, from Middle French, from Latin fraud-, fraus

1 a : DECEIT , TRICKERY ; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICK

2 a : a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTOR ; also : one who defrauds : CHEAT b : one that is not what it seems or is represented to be
    synonym see DECEPTION , IMPOSTURE

<span class="ev_code_RED">Have a GREAT DAY everybody ! </span>

Hold your breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!