free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A DEMOCRATIC LEAD HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

As you all are well aware, the democratic party is poise to take over the house of representative and after this deed comes to past,so will the last line of defense against amnesty.

Future "madame speaker, nancy pelosi is a very liberal woman from one of the most liberal district in the nation" "san-francisco", and she's on record saying the senate amnesty bill is too conservative to her liking and would like to expand it, meaning she dont want to separate immigrants into 3 tiers and wants to have a full amnesty that would only require presence in the U.S.

Now, i have no doubt in my mind that the democrats will take over the house, but im less sure of the senate...The senate is really not needed since the amnesty bill came from the senate, and my only worry is that those conservative senators might refuse to make any changes to the poison pills riddled amnesty bill that came from the senate...

My 2 main problem with the senate amnesty is that it separates the undocumented immigrants into 3 tiers which is unfair because they all crossed the borders and people that broke this law 10 years ago shouldnt have an advantage on someone that broke the law 5 years ago; therefore, i would like this 3 tiers group to be eliminated and put them all in the same bag and put them throught a "probabtion period where they would have to learn how to speak english, pay taxes etc etc etc and only those that can fullfill those reuirement, would be able to stay.

My second problem with the senate bill is, there's a secret poison pill in it that says, if you have 3 misdimeanor or was ordered removed on asylum and never left because you was afaraid to go back to your country because of persecution, you will not be able to apply...I think this should change, and you cant tell an immigrant he cant participate because he got 3 parking ticket or failed to attend an immigration hearing and because of the absenty, he/she was ordered removed....I think everyone should be able to participate and only a criminal record should ban you from applying..if you start by purging people for the lamest of the excuses like failing to attend immigration hearings, or 3 failing to pay parking tickets, then you will leave a huge pool of undocumented in the cold, and this is not what we want..if you're going to pass an amnesty, you want to make sure that everyone gets in because you wont want to have to enact another amnesty because there's a lot of undocumneted workers out there.
    A DEMOCRATIC LEAD HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE

As you all are well aware, the democratic party is poise to take over the house of representative and after this deed comes to past,so will the last line of defense against amnesty.

Future "madame speaker, nancy pelosi is a very liberal woman from one of the most liberal district in the nation" "san-francisco", and she's on record saying the senate amnesty bill is too conservative to her liking and would like to expand it, meaning she dont want to separate immigrants into 3 tiers and wants to have a full amnesty that would only require presence in the U.S.

Now, i have no doubt in my mind that the democrats will take over the house, but im less sure of the senate...The senate is really not needed since the amnesty bill came from the senate, and my only worry is that those conservative senators might refuse to make any changes to the poison pills riddled amnesty bill that came from the senate...

My 2 main problem with the senate amnesty is that it separates the undocumented immigrants into 3 tiers which is unfair because they all crossed the borders and people that broke this law 10 years ago shouldnt have an advantage on someone that broke the law 5 years ago; therefore, i would like this 3 tiers group to be eliminated and put them all in the same bag and put them throught a "probabtion period where they would have to learn how to speak english, pay taxes etc etc etc and only those that can fullfill those reuirement, would be able to stay.

My second problem with the senate bill is, there's a secret poison pill in it that says, if you have 3 misdimeanor or was ordered removed on asylum and never left because you was afaraid to go back to your country because of persecution, you will not be able to apply...I think this should change, and you cant tell an immigrant he cant participate because he got 3 parking ticket or failed to attend an immigration hearing and because of the absenty, he/she was ordered removed....I think everyone should be able to participate and only a criminal record should ban you from applying..if you start by purging people for the lamest of the excuses like failing to attend immigration hearings, or 3 failing to pay parking tickets, then you will leave a huge pool of undocumented in the cold, and this is not what we want..if you're going to pass an amnesty, you want to make sure that everyone gets in because you wont want to have to enact another amnesty because there's a lot of undocumneted workers out there.
    A DEMOCRATIC LEAD HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albatross23:
    Back to the upcoming elecion and specially the senate races...Now, althought i believe that the democrats wont take over the senate because they will have to pretty much run the table, i still think that if they can beat a few conservative senators here and there, this could change the way the next amnesty bill is written during the next congressional session.

What i mean by that is, there's those anti-immigration republicans hawks, that are facing tought races and they are.

1.Senator rick santorum: Rick is part of the immigration hard-liners in the senate that fought very hard to kill the amnesty bill and when they realized that the bill had bi-partisan supports, they decided to riddle the bill with poison pill in hope of destroying it and purge as many immigrants and restrict only a few to get its benefit.

Now, according to the philadelphia press and even "all" republican strategist, the santorum seat is all but gone....Santorum pushed his anti-immigration hard line approach very hard and i seems like it didnt move his numbers at the polls, and let me say one thing, i was very worried about this race because bob casey, his opponent, takes a more moderate approach on immigration that supports a path to citizenship, therefore, this is very goos that bob casey is leading big

Now, every single polls ive seen so far, as santorum down by double digit, and the GOP operatives have given up on this race, pulled their ads off the airwaves and left penn state to other states where races are still close....This is huge whenever the national party gives up on their own because it signals that the race is unwinnable and their money could be better spent someone else.

Now, the make up of the next senate will be minus (-) one immigration hard liner for sure and plus (+) one pro (path to citizenship) senator in bob casey jr...Bob casey jr has inheritate the name of his late father who was a very popular and loved governor and words is thsat his name is the major reason why senatorum is getting blown out plus the fact that the iraq war is not helping....Santorum seems to be too conservative for this state and his hard line immigration talk, is not appealing in this moderate state.

Bye bye santorum and dont let the door hit you on your way out.With santorum out of the way, we wont have one idiot trying to put poison pills in our amnesty bill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Second immigration hard-line hawk in trouble

2.Senator george allen: Now, this guy was rumoured to be the GOP presidential favorite to win its nominee and lead the republicans in '08 and he wasnt suppose to face such a tough challenge for its seat even during those bad weathers that are unfavorable to every single republicans.

Now, here's a few things that have happened which caused him to sweat to retain his seat.

First, george Allen wasnt even campaigning for his U.S senate seat because he felt that he was a shoe in and instead, he was already campaigning for the GOP presidential race by going to iowa and other states where it would be important to go, THEN, he made a MAJOR gaffee by calling an indian american "MACCACCA" whyle the kid was filming him...What a dumb *** this guys is, and to think he was going to be the GOP presidential nominee??..Now, he got killed for this gaffee and it brought down his number some.

2.another thing that hurt allen a lot is his dark past and his racist behaviors...About the time he made the maccacca remarks, people started wondering whether he was a racist because the word "maccacca" means 'monkey, and people started digging in his past history and uncovered a bunches of dirty stuff..Then, many people came forward talking about allen use of the N-word" and the story that allen cut the head of a deer and stuffed it in a black family's mail-box.

Now, his opponent, Jim webb benefitted greatly by this guy evil ways and this race that wasnt suppose to be close, is now considered a "toss ups" by many media bundit.

And finally, the biggest reason why Allen may be history in virginia is because the state's demography is changing rapidly because of so many immigrants moving in, specially the northern part of virginia....If you have been to virginia, you'll notice that northern virginia and southern virginia are the complete opposite of each other....Northern virginia is very liberal whyle southern virginia is conservative...Now, when allen won his governership and senate seats years ago, norther virginia demography wasnt whats it's currently is, and word is, northern virginia has changed so much that the new voters in the north, arent attach to allen as their counterpart in the south..There's a lot of new voters, mostly indian, hispanic immigrants and its population is immense and still growing, meaning that allen views HAS to be more moderate to help him in northern virginia.

In the must recent polls, jim webb has gained a slight lead and with popular current governor, tim kaine, and past popular governor "WARNER" campigning with him, webb will pull it off and defeat allen.

If allen gets defeated, then it will improve a more lenient amnesty bill with no poison pill because allen was also part of the hawks taht tried to do everything to derail the amnesty bill....Now, with allen and santorum gone, you better believe that the hawks wont have 2 important vote to push their poision pill

Amnesty is not popular with Democrats either. Remember how Gray Davis, a Democratic governor in a Democratic (and illegal alien heavy) state lost a recall election to ARNOLD? Based largely on issuing driver's licenses to illegals.

Democrats have two years before the Presidential election and another election for the House, as well as another 1/3 of the Senate. They do not have the luxury of pushing through an amnesty which will bite them on the A-S-S in 2008. If Democrats do take either house, it will not be because they support amnesty, but because they aren't Republicans.

Commentary: Latinos likely losers no matter what
    POSTED: 11:33 a.m. EST, November 6, 2006
    By Ruben Navarrette Jr.
    Special to CNN
    Adjust font size:

SAN DIEGO, California (CNN) -- There's a phrase in Spanish that Latinos use to tell one another to be careful and watch out for surprises: ojo, mucho ojo. It means keep an eye out.

That's good advice as Latinos contemplate what immigration reform will look like if Democrats on Tuesday retake control of the House of Representatives, as now seems likely.

Bear in mind, the hard-liners on immigration reform -- who rail against amnesty, who pander to racists and who prefer sound bites to solutions -- are in the House of Representatives.

So the prospect of House Republicans going down in flames would seem to be great news for those Latinos who support giving at least some of the 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States a conditional path to legal residency.

But hold on. Ojo, mucho ojo.

Just because a GOP-controlled House of Representatives screwed up immigration reform six ways from Sunday doesn't mean that House Democrats will do any better, or that they'll even feel compelled to try. Remember this is the same bunch of cowards whose leadership, a few months ago, produced a 25-page booklet laying out what they intended to accomplish if they won control of the House. The booklet left out any mention of immigration reform beyond that piece of low-hanging fruit: border security.

Political experts agreed that Democrats were terrified that the immigration issue would hurt them in conservative districts. Hispanic Democrats were furious and publicly criticized the leaders of their own party for dodging the immigration issue.

Now, my hunch is that we're even less likely to see anything resembling amnesty for illegal immigrants under a Democratic-controlled House of Representatives than we were when the Republicans ran things.

Three reasons:

With Republicans in charge, you had their benefactors in the business community pushing hard for legalization in the hopes that it might provide additional workers. Democrats' benefactors are in organized labor, which has -- in the last decade or so -- come around to supporting legalization but not if it's tied to a guest worker program, which might be the only way that Republicans would sign on;

Once Democrats taste power, they're going to like it, and they're going to want to keep it. So they're likely to keep their heads down and not do anything that might increase the likelihood that voters will take a corrective action in 2008 and bounce them back into the minority. At the top of the list is passing anything that looks, sounds or smells like amnesty;

And Democrats won't think twice about betraying their Latino supporters on this issue because they take Latino votes for granted anyway. They haven't come up with a new strategy for getting Latino votes since the 1950s when Texas Democrats used to parachute into Hispanic neighborhoods at election time with tacos and beer.

So it's a safe bet that, even if Democrats retake the House of Representatives, Latinos eventually will come out on the losing end.

The question is: What will they do about it?

Ruben Navarrette Jr. is a member of the editorial board of the San Diego Union-Tribune and a nationally syndicated columnist. Read his column at http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/o...ette/index.htm

Ruben Navarette's last question, about what are "they" going to do about it implies that Hispanic voters (1) all WANT to do something about it (many Hispanics don't want amnesty either--would you want more competition for YOUR job? your tax money?) (2) can do something about it (The voter registration efforts to enroll Latinos and "immigrants" has largely been a bust--the "immigrant" population includes too many who simply aren't here legally in the first place. In areas where where Latinos are a large part of voters, such as CA, TX, or FL, you can bet politicians already listen to their constituencies.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AliBA:
    Amnesty is not popular with Democrats either. Remember how Gray Davis, a Democratic governor in a Democratic (and illegal alien heavy) state lost a recall election to ARNOLD? Based largely on issuing driver's licenses to illegals.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gray Davis was recalled due to his inability of handling the energy crisis in California. He signed the driver's license for illegals just a little bit before he was booted out from office.

Freedom1.

If that's the case, then why hasn't ARNOLD signed bills that the (Democratic) State legislature has passed for driver's licenses for illegals. After all, if it's so unimportant as a reason for Davis' recall... It's an easy way to win over the legislature and presumably Hispanic voters.

WOW! Aliba is just clueless...

First of all, just like freedom1 stated above, gray davis was defeated because of the energy problem...

Also, lets not forget why california is such a deep blue seat?..Cali only became a democratic stronghold when a past republican governor tried to scapegoat hispnic undocumented...Every expert would tell you this is the only reason why cali is blue and because of such a big hispanic voting bloc in this state, its impossible to run for a statewide office in california whyle pushing a tom tancredo agenda...Just ask the current governor Arnold about it and experts would tell you that it was only after he started endorsing a comprehensive immigration bill that people started to respect him and now, he has broader appeal and hispanic now can vote for him and not woner whether he's going to be another immigration extremist like the past republican governor..EVEN ARNOLD, A REPUBLICAN, IS PRO-AMNESTY AND ARNOLD HAS REFUSED TO ENDORSE THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION GUY THATS RUNNING AGAINST DIANE FEISTEIN AND ARNOLD DIDNT EVEN ENDORSE BILBRAY, THE ANTI IMMIGRATION GUY...NOW BILBRAY WILL WIN, BUT ITS ONLY BECAUSE HIS DISTRICT IS DEEPLY RED CONSERVATIVE..WE WONT NEED BILBRAY SEAT ANYWAY AND HE WONT BE ABLE TO DO NOTHING TO STOP THE DEMOCRAT'S AMNESTY...Look at diane fiesten opponent, he's getting murdered by about 20 points, why?? because yhe's a one issue candidate, only talk aboutillegal immigration and cant appeal to moderate voters.

Look at randy graf, the biggest illegal hard liner in the country, he's currently down by double digit and to make it worse for the minute men supporters, he's on record saying that if he cant win in arizona, ground zero for illegal entrees, then the GOP should forget about running on this hard line view.

I will say right now, the democrats will take up the immigration issue because the hispanic caucus will not let them ignore it..The hispanic caucus is made up of 50+ members and i dont think the next speaker can afford to anger them.

Also, speaker pelosi will not ignore this and at best, he will let the southern democrat to vote against it, but i doubt we will need them because we will pull the moderate republicans like the 3 cubans in florida + jeff blake and all those moderate in the northeast...

Also, lets not forget that bush supports it and according to blake, the votes are there for the senate amnesty bill, on the republican side and this is why sensenbrenner didnt want to negotiate with the senators and bring it on the floor....Now, we wont have this problem about blocking it, because it wont be on the term of steve king, sensenbrenner and hastert and they wont have a say on what bills comes into the floor.

REMEMBER, HASTERT WOULD NO LONGER BE ABLE TO BLOCK HEARINGS AFTER THE GOP LOSES POWER, MEANING NO MORE HARD LINERS LIKE SENSENBRENNER AND STEVE KING BLOCKING ANYTHING.

YOU DUMB BIGOT, THE DEMOCRATS WILL PASS AMNESTY!!!