50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: unemployment insurance

Is there any danger of exposure in filing for unemployment insurance? I'm an H1B visa holder who got laid off. On the unemployment insurance application they're asking for my Alien Registration Number which I assume to be my I-94. And this visa is valid in my passport until January 05.

So there might be a slight chance that they're not gonna look deep into my H1B and instead grant me unemployment based on my passport visa.

It's worth the try. I don't want to let these *******s win without a fight. I don't mind getting rejected but what I don't want, is to turn a swarm of immigration bees in my direction.

suggestions? I got the application ready to go in another browser window, waiting for your green light.

Is there any danger of exposure in filing for unemployment insurance? I'm an H1B visa holder who got laid off. On the unemployment insurance application they're asking for my Alien Registration Number which I assume to be my I-94. And this visa is valid in my passport until January 05.

So there might be a slight chance that they're not gonna look deep into my H1B and instead grant me unemployment based on my passport visa.

It's worth the try. I don't want to let these *******s win without a fight. I don't mind getting rejected but what I don't want, is to turn a swarm of immigration bees in my direction.

suggestions? I got the application ready to go in another browser window, waiting for your green light.

The Alien Registration Number has nothing to do with an I-94.

What do you mean by "Is there any danger of exposure"? If you are on a valid H1-B then you can file. What's the issue here?

sorry about tthe confusion sphyrapicus. In my passport my H1B is valid until January 05 but since I got laid off i'm officially out of status and I've read of a case in this forum where someone in my position tried to claim unemployment and was told by ins that he has to leave the country. This is the exposure threat i was referring to.