50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: New green card allocation

October is the new fiscal year so why the cut off has not moved since September since new 140K green cards has become available?

Second question: Immigrants are being scheduled for the interview despite theirs priority date not being current. Why does USCIS do that? They will not be able to get their green cards yet, won't they?

October is the new fiscal year so why the cut off has not moved since September since new 140K green cards has become available?

Second question: Immigrants are being scheduled for the interview despite theirs priority date not being current. Why does USCIS do that? They will not be able to get their green cards yet, won't they?

If you mean EB visas then it's bad luck because the DOS only provides visas in advance in response to DHS/USCIS request. With the exodus of EB-AOS applications in the July-August "extraordinary" period of more than 300,000, how can October deliver any good news?

In your second question, I presume you still meant EB. What do you mean 'interview despite their priority date not being current'? It should never happen and as far as I know it doesn't happen. Maybe you mean they're having biometrics appointments?

I was scheduled for the interview on October 8th, 2007. But my priority date, the date my labor certification was filed in EB-3), was July 2004. The current cut off date for EB-3 is Aug 2002. Why was I scheduled for the interview if my priority date is too early (almost 2 years ahead of time).

In addition it has been confirmed that EB-3 I-485 not selected for the interview are being approved with the priority dates in 2004! So what is the hell going on?

I presume that we're both looking at the EB Visa Bulletins for September/October 2007. Meaning to say, you're not from China, India, and Mexico because of the 01Aug02 that you say your case falls under.

Did you file within the July 02 - August 17th window? If so, you may be in luck, because your EB-3 priority date, and for every one else's, was "C"urrent during that period!

Yes, I did file during that time. So they do not want cases being pending for several years,

Who 'do not want cases being pending for several years'? Well, it has been happening in the past, it is happening now, and for sure, it will continue to happen in the future. Well, that's the nature of employment-based immigration in America, that inspired skilled and highly-skilled professionals like you to initiate this mass action.

Uscis does not want the I-485 to be pending for several years but they do not mind if the case is waiting to be filed with them. So I mean they want to improve their processing times but for the waiting time before filing they want to blame Department Of State not them for slow processing.

I didn't get exactly your point, but anyway, good luck to you in your interview. If you have a lawyer, take him/her with you. For EB I-485 interviews (as far as I know), the Officer would grill you on three things: nature of business of your petitioner, your qualification for the job offer, and your maintenance of nonimmigrant status (pay stubs, W-2s and your tax returns, rate of pay if you're a current H-1B visa holder, and your I-94 validity).