50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question regarding marriage to a Mexican Citizen

I am a US Citizen who has been dating a Mexican Citizen for over a year. We have decided to get married. He currently resides in Cancun Mexico. We have heard that it will be very difficult for him to get approved on a Fiance VISA so we are considering getting married in Mexico and then me return to process a petition for him to come to the US. Is this legal? and if so, how long will it take for him to get here after all the proper paperwork is filed.

I am a US Citizen who has been dating a Mexican Citizen for over a year. We have decided to get married. He currently resides in Cancun Mexico. We have heard that it will be very difficult for him to get approved on a Fiance VISA so we are considering getting married in Mexico and then me return to process a petition for him to come to the US. Is this legal? and if so, how long will it take for him to get here after all the proper paperwork is filed.

I am not sure of the exact climate of Mexico, but as long as you have your information straight, there should not be a reason for you fiancee to be denied.

The k-1 ia the easiest and the fastest. Just make sure you have the documentation of an ongoing relationship.

Goodluck

The shortest way of getting him to the USA will be to get a K-1 visa. You will be asked proof that you have had contact within the time period in which you guys met. The other way of getting him to the USA will be to marry him in Mexico. I got married in Mexico, so if you want to go through this process, I can be of great help. Its a long process which will require more time for discussion. I could take you step by step. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions at oscarinaso1@aol.com

I just hope that your marriage works ,there are so many that havent.some times they just want to get a green card and then leave,I have seen and heard a lot of stories,dont be naive.I hope not to see your posting in two years crying because he has left with his green card.and left you alone.Are you older than him?that is a red light.

oscar dile la verdad no enganes ala pobre senora,me va a dar lastima cuando este llorando ,que la han abandonado.Me da tristeza ver a la gente sufrir.Muchos se aprovechan de las gorditas y las viejitas ,para obtener sus GC.esta triste la vida.El matrimonio es como el demonio.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fredy:
    I just hope that your marriage works ,there are so many that havent.some times they just want to get a green card and then leave,I have seen and heard a lot of stories,dont be naive.I hope not to see your posting in two years crying because he has left with his green card.and left you alone.Are you older than him?that is a red light. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fredy

try 5 or 6 years.. This thread is from 2002. And you would have had to of used the "find" feature just to bring it up?

Why did you do that?

wow ,I guess i was late to save this woman.by now she must a divorcee,suffering.This is a cruel world.