50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Default Desperately seeking advice for obtaining non-immigrant Visa in Mexico

Hello all.
    I have been seeing a young lady who lives in Mexico for about 8 months now. We are at the point in our relationship where we think there may be a future together for us, but we want to spend more time together to make sure.

I try to visit her at least once a month, but it would help greatly if she could come visit me as well. I travel frequently on business trips and would love to take her on some of them with me so she can experience the US as well.

2 weeks ago she had her appointment at the US 'consulado' in her city. She had all of her paperwork in order; her passport (as well as passports for her children), a letter and other paperwork from her job, her bank information, letters from doctors, etc. She was denied a Visa on grounds that she did not own a house, therefore has no real 'ties' to Mexico. She works in a cafe and it's likely that she will never be able to afford purchasing a new house.

I am beyond frustration at this point. Does anyone have ANY information or advice they can share with me for how to help her obtain a Visa? This means so much to both of us.

BTW, she is applying for a non-immigrant Visa. She lives near the US border and the rest of her family has Visas, or border crossing cards (laser visas?).

Hello all.
    I have been seeing a young lady who lives in Mexico for about 8 months now. We are at the point in our relationship where we think there may be a future together for us, but we want to spend more time together to make sure.

I try to visit her at least once a month, but it would help greatly if she could come visit me as well. I travel frequently on business trips and would love to take her on some of them with me so she can experience the US as well.

2 weeks ago she had her appointment at the US 'consulado' in her city. She had all of her paperwork in order; her passport (as well as passports for her children), a letter and other paperwork from her job, her bank information, letters from doctors, etc. She was denied a Visa on grounds that she did not own a house, therefore has no real 'ties' to Mexico. She works in a cafe and it's likely that she will never be able to afford purchasing a new house.

I am beyond frustration at this point. Does anyone have ANY information or advice they can share with me for how to help her obtain a Visa? This means so much to both of us.

BTW, she is applying for a non-immigrant Visa. She lives near the US border and the rest of her family has Visas, or border crossing cards (laser visas?).

Buy her some property in her name there, you can get it for a song.

Thanks NeedHelpFast. We spoke about this just Friday evening. We are looking for some reasonable land in her area. Do you have any pointers on how much land she needs to own? Does there have to be a house on that land?

You know, I have no idea, that was the first thing that came to my mind though. They want to be assured that she has ties to come back to.
    Land, property, a car, a job, family.
    You may want to check out another forum, there are alot of Mexican immigration answers there: immigrate2us.net
    Let us know what you find out.

Checking it out now. I really appreciate the responses. This Visa means a great deal to both of us. We just want to get her the ability to cross the border legally so she can come visit me. It gets mighty tough to get down there as often as I'd like to. Things would be much easier if she could come here.

Mike. Thanks for the comments. Marriage isn't an option now for us for several reasons, primarily because we've just not spent enough time together to know that we want to get married.

Right now, we need the border crossing card because she has 2 children and she needs to be able to leave her children with aunt and uncle for a few days while she visits me, then comes back.

I don't know man.. It's very frustrating.

Missing.Sonora: The fact that your girlfriend has an American boyfriend TRUMPS EVERYTHING.

You can waste your money buying land if you want to, but she has almost no chance of obtaining a visa. The assumption is that she has immigrant intent...unless you truly miss Sonora as much as your screen name implies - which I doubt!

Also, buying land for you girlfriend simply to obtain an American visa is...well, that's the kind of underhanded, lack-of-respect for the law that keeps Mexico poor and impoverished...and seems to be infecting your thinking as well. The idea is for you NOT to copy the Mexican way of doing things. Here's a thought...why don't you try to impart the American way of doing things to your girlfriend? In any event...how would she explain her sudden good fortune at obtaining land? A Mexican bureaucrat might fall for that kinda nonsense...but, you need to have more respect for your own country.

I bet that your girlfriend didn't mention to our Consular Officer - what the hell is a "Consulado?" - that she has an American boyfriend. You might believe this to be "smart," but will cause problems later if you decide that your relationship is serious. There are no shortcuts...at least none that won't come back to bite you...so please stop scheming. This discussion board is full of people who thought that they were too "smart" or too important to follow the correct procedures. It all seems soooo easy at the time...but, it almost never works in the long term.

This is really really unfortunate.
    Here is a couple that is trying to do this thing the right way and still being denied.
    Frustrating, but don't give up! My mother always told me when the devil closes a door, God always opens a window....

SunDevilUSA,
    Your post is extremely offensive to me. Let's take your statements one at a time..

You can waste your money buying land if you want to, but she has almost no chance of obtaining a visa. - Her 2 sisters, her aunt and uncle, and their 3 children all have Visas. I'd say she has a chance.

A Mexican bureaucrat might fall for that kinda nonsense...but, you need to have more respect for your own country. - Just how am I disrespecting my country? Because I want my girlfriend to visit me? It's not like I'm paying a coyote to bring her across the border. THAT would be disrespecting my country.

so please stop scheming. - I'm not scheming. I'm simply trying to help someone I care about very much meet the established requirements for obtaining a Visa. Anyway, what is the 'American' way of doing things? There are just as many idiots and criminals in the States as there are in Mexico.

Please save your sermon for all of the illegals that are streaming across the border on a daily basis. I have not done ANYTHING, nor will I do anything illegal to bring her across the border. I don't want that, and (probably surprisingly to you) SHE doesn't want that either. We both determined from the start that we will do everything we can to LEGALLY obtain a Visa.

Oh, and by the way.. Consulado is the Spanish word for Consulate. Idiot.