free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are our chances?

This is absolutely true - I swear it - but will we be believed?

I met a girl (US citizen) on the internet a year ago. We spent hours and hours talking every single day via webcam. Getting to know each other extremely well and helping each other through some rough times. She came to my country to visit a few months later. We got on very well and became a couple.

She returned to the US and our long distance relationship continued.

A couple of months ago she reciprocated and invited me over to visit. I came as a tourist and am currently still covered by my 90 day visa. However we can't bear to be parted and have married.

Some may believe this to be a rush or a scam marriage of some sort to get into the US but I was successful in my own (western european) country and still have a home there. America is a great place but so is my country and my ONLY reason for being here is to be with my wife.

I am getting friends and relatives to dispose of my belongings and house back home and applying for a change of status here in the US while I am still legal here.

What are our chances of staying together? Will USCIS be suspicious about this situation? I swear it's genuine and I'm worried about us being split up - I want to do everything above board and legal. I'm not some illegal trying to sneak in to take advantage of the US. I just want to be with and support my wife.

I met a girl (US citizen) on the internet a year ago. We spent hours and hours talking every single day via webcam. Getting to know each other extremely well and helping each other through some rough times. She came to my country to visit a few months later. We got on very well and became a couple.

A couple of months ago she reciprocated and invited me over to visit. I came as a tourist and am currently still covered by my 90 day visa. However we can't bear to be parted and have married.

Some may believe this to be a rush or a scam marriage of some sort to get into the US but I was successful in my own (western european) country and still have a home there. America is a great place but so is my country and my ONLY reason for being here is to be with my wife.

I am getting friends and relatives to dispose of my belongings and house back home and applying for a change of status here in the US while I am still legal here.

What are our chances of staying together? Will USCIS be suspicious about this situation? I swear it's genuine and I'm worried about us being split up - I want to do everything above board and legal. I'm not some illegal trying to sneak in to take advantage of the US. I just want to be with and support my wife.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WorriedUK:

What are our chances of staying together? Will USCIS be suspicious about this situation? I swear it's genuine and I'm worried about us being split up - I want to do everything above board and legal. I'm not some illegal trying to sneak in to take advantage of the US. I just want to be with and support my wife. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one here has even accused you of abusing our system, yet you march forward to diffuse the allegations which begs the question was there ever a true love.

If you want to be with you wife, she can move to your country as well. Why waste being successful in other country and restart your life here?

THIS IS A BAIT POSTING.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Bait? It's a totally genuine posting. It's just that having decided to stay here and looking through all the information on the internet there are some horror stories about things going wrong!

My new wife can't come back with me because of children that an ex will not allow to leave the country. I can understand his point of view and wouldn't want to stop the kids from seeing their dad anyway.

I know we haven't been accused of anything but I worry anyway! We NEED to stay together. Yes, the love is real. I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WorriedUK:
    Bait? It's a totally genuine posting. It's just that having decided to stay here and looking through all the information on the internet there are some horror stories about things going wrong!

My new wife can't come back with me because of children that an ex will not allow to leave the country. I can understand his point of view and wouldn't want to stop the kids from seeing their dad anyway.

I know we haven't been accused of anything but I worry anyway! We NEED to stay together. Yes, the love is real. I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Worried

Your worries should not be about if they perceive your marriage as sham or real.. You have a bigger problem with the procedures that you used.

First.. be aware if you try to become a legal status based on this marriage and the petition is denied..... There is no basis for appeal and it is a done deal. bye bye because it is VWP situation. (visa waiver progam )

The most prudent advice I can give to you is to go home and have your usc spouse file a k3 to bring you here. you indicated that you want to do things correctly, and that is the correct way.

If you married her before 60 days of being her on VWP, then it is the only way that you should chance it.

Best Wishes and congrats

Thank you 4now. That's depressing but thanks anyway. What would happen? Would I be sent straight back home? Would we then be able to go the K visa route having been denied?

Thanks again.

If your situation is truly "totally genuine" as you say it is, why are you asking???

The fact that you're asking make us suspicious, and will also make your immigration officer suspicious.

You may fail, and if you do, it will be because of you.
    The Voice of Reason

Once again, do not listen to other posters.
    Assuming you are being sincere;
    You can apply for Adjustment of Status. However, during that time you may not leave the country.
    It may take 18 months or so.

Son of Michael - because as 4now indicates, things can go wrong no matter how genuine you are and it scares me.

There is the correct way and there is the available ways.

Yes you can adjust status here, if you look at some other threads on this board and elsewhere, there are others like you who did. There are some that AOS after the VWP expired. This I will be honest with you.

The correct way as they say.. is for you to return to UK and have her file for you. Once you have filed, you can still visit her on the VWp..however you must prove ties to UK still or they can refuse you entry if they think you are here to stay before the K3 is issued.

Once you get the K3, you can move over and AOS. Apply for work permit at same time.

If you plan on staying and AOS...you have to remember this..there is no guarantee they will say yes. You will not be able to return to the UK for a visit, because of family or other issues, unless things are filed and you will need advance parole, which again has no guarantee of letting you back in.

There are other factors you have to know.. just because you are married doesn't mean your wife can sponsor you. If she cannot sponsor you as per affidavit, then she needs to find co-sponsors. There are criterias that have to be met, before they say yes.
    You need to read the affidavit and applications you need to submit..before your final decision, because it can affect your future.

She also needs to know how that affidavit will affect her for the future, because there are responsibilities when she signs it, or whoever signs it.

Remember too, that until you adjust status and apply for a work permit...you will not have an income, she will have to financially support you.. you won't be able to drive legally until you get your US license (after a period of time).

Waiting for that Green card and work permit can be a huge strain on your marriage.. it happens to most of us. Having to suddenly reply on the USC for a lot of things, being stuck at home, not being able to work, not having your own money, and a bunch of other things. It is hard..very hard believe me. As you both have not really had a in person relationship for long, you may have strain because of this. If you get sick, get ready for big bucks.

I am being totally honest with you, it won't be easy..hope you both are strong and can handle the struggles.

I would not sell off everything in UK just yet..and please take my advice on this, keep some ties there, keep some of your things there, because what if it didn't work out, you will not have anything to go back to and find it hard to start over again.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.