free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-765 Delay!

Hi all:

I have been waiting for my EAD since June and I still have not received it. I called the customer service number, updated my address with them and they told me that I was going to receive it in 2 weeks, nothing happened! Went to the local office about 2 weeks ago and once again, I was told that I should receive it in 2 weeks, NOTHING! Tomorrow, I will be going to the local office again and I am almost giving up on this. The most frustrating part of this whole process is that my EAD was approved back in September, but because I never received it, I had to eventually quit my job because my employer had no way of knowing that I was in fact authorized to work in this country and as a result of this, I have been unemployed since December/05. What can I do? I consulted an attorney and he advised me to send in a new application, but he wanted to charge me $400 for this, it is very hard for a person to pay $400 when I havent had a job since December 2005. Any thoughts or recommendations? I am almost giving up!

Hi all:

I have been waiting for my EAD since June and I still have not received it. I called the customer service number, updated my address with them and they told me that I was going to receive it in 2 weeks, nothing happened! Went to the local office about 2 weeks ago and once again, I was told that I should receive it in 2 weeks, NOTHING! Tomorrow, I will be going to the local office again and I am almost giving up on this. The most frustrating part of this whole process is that my EAD was approved back in September, but because I never received it, I had to eventually quit my job because my employer had no way of knowing that I was in fact authorized to work in this country and as a result of this, I have been unemployed since December/05. What can I do? I consulted an attorney and he advised me to send in a new application, but he wanted to charge me $400 for this, it is very hard for a person to pay $400 when I havent had a job since December 2005. Any thoughts or recommendations? I am almost giving up!

UPDATE: I went to the local INS office today, explained my situation to one of the officers, she told me that I needed to pay $180 and she could the EAD on the spot for me(I almost didnt believe it!). Anyways, I got a money order, went back to the local INS office and she did my work permit in 10 minutes!! What I dont understand is why the other 2 Immigration officers told me on several occasions that they were not able to do an EAD on the spot? Can anybody explain??

It's because they work for the government and don't care about people. They're not professionals. They get pleasure out of trying to ruin people's lives and make it difficult deliberately.