free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia knows how to take care of employers of illegals

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia " An ethnic Indian Malaysian was sentenced to whipping and 10 months in prison for hiring six illegal immigrants, the first time an employer has been ordered to face the cane for the offense, officials said Friday. S. Varatheraaj V. Santrian was sentenced to one stroke of the cane after a court in southern Malaysia found him guilty Thursday of employing six illegal Indian workers at his restaurant in 2005, said immigration department prosecutor Azlan Abdul Latiff. "This is the first case where an employer is being sentenced to caning," he told The Associated Press. "I think that after this, Malaysian employers will be afraid to take in foreign workers (without work permits). They will think twice."

Illegal immigrants also face caning before being deported.

http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/content/view/10390/2/

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia " An ethnic Indian Malaysian was sentenced to whipping and 10 months in prison for hiring six illegal immigrants, the first time an employer has been ordered to face the cane for the offense, officials said Friday. S. Varatheraaj V. Santrian was sentenced to one stroke of the cane after a court in southern Malaysia found him guilty Thursday of employing six illegal Indian workers at his restaurant in 2005, said immigration department prosecutor Azlan Abdul Latiff. "This is the first case where an employer is being sentenced to caning," he told The Associated Press. "I think that after this, Malaysian employers will be afraid to take in foreign workers (without work permits). They will think twice."

Illegal immigrants also face caning before being deported.

http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/content/view/10390/2/

Malaysian vis-a-vis US situation? Hmm..... let's see, a droplet in an overflowing bucket of water.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    Malaysian vis-a-vis US situation? Hmm..... let's see, a droplet in an overflowing bucket of water. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immigration enforcement director Ishak Mohamed said authorities were intensifying the crackdown on illegal immigrants, who are estimated to number 500,000 to 700,000.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/08/10/asia/AS-GEN-M...-Illegal-workers.php

What is..... 12,000,000 official? 30,000,000 underground?

Yes, indeed, in many cultures extreme punishments achieve dramatic ends. In Malaysia, the shari'a law is still an accepted norm. In Singapore, being a city state, the leader can exercise powers (sometimes absolute) well, due to land size and diminutive constituency. But in the US, extreme caution in meting out punishments, human rights, due process, rule of law, and checks and balances are always the name of the game. And in this country where tort law (et al) is very much all-encompassing, comparative severe physical punishment is improbable. Well, let's see, because in the imminent "enforcement only" scheme that the administration will undertake, they plan to impose "severe" penalties by x%age more than existing rules to employer violators. But then again, extreme caution should be exercised in doing this because such measures may drive US businesses somewhere else offshore where various other welcoming economies abound. All in all, in my opinion, what our government plans to do of solving this age-old immigration mess in reverse (enforcement then legislative relief) will only hurt itself more and may never ever achieve favorable results.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Will my lettuce really cost me $5.00 a head at Vons? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it won't.
    It may cost the same or even less (Don't ask, it's economics).

well thats the difference between a civilized nation with human rights compared to a nation like that with SICK unhuman laws...

no offense, but thats the truth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    If our administration does take a tough stance against employer violaters and actually follows through with the penalties it will be interesting to see the outcome. It should show the quickest result of limiting the illegal alien influx. Will my lettuce really cost me $5.00 a head at Vons? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey davdah,
    I'm not sure about the lettuce but the American hand-picked oranges might be 3/$20!