50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: CAN I APPLY FOR MY KIDS'S PASSPORTS

I PLAN TO FILE N-600 (CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP) FOR MY KIDS UNDER 18 ON 7/30/05.

AFTER SUBMITTING N-600, CAN I APPLY FOR MY KIDS PASSPORTS WHO ARE UNDER 18 OR I SHOULD WAIT TILL I GET THEIR CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENIHIP.

I PLAN TO FILE N-600 (CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP) FOR MY KIDS UNDER 18 ON 7/30/05.

AFTER SUBMITTING N-600, CAN I APPLY FOR MY KIDS PASSPORTS WHO ARE UNDER 18 OR I SHOULD WAIT TILL I GET THEIR CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENIHIP.

SEC.322(a) A parent who is a citizen of the United States may apply to Attorney General for a certificate of citizenship on behalf of a child born outside of the United States. The Attorney General shall issue such a certificate of citizenship upon proof to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the following conditions have been fulfilled:
    (1) At least one parent is a citizen of the United States, whether by birth or naturalization.
    (2) The child is physically present in the United States pursuant to a lawful admisssion.
    (3) The child is under the age of 18 years and in thelegal custody of a the citizen parent.
    The certificate of citizenship will be a proof of the childs US Citizenship.
    I think it can be done at the same time, when you go for your Oath of Allegiance, ask one of the official at that time and take your kids.
    Hope this will clears, about the Certifiacte of Citizenship, You can apply for the passport, better to get the CC for the kids.
    Wish you all the best.

Dastur:

Thank your for the guidance. Will the officials there be abel to issue CC to my kids right there? Will I have to given them N-600 with fee and photos? May be you will be able to give opinion.

No idea how they do it now, They used to issue at the same time as parents are Naturlized, don't rush, you waited for near about 5 years. wait for few weeks and get the work done once for all.
    You can ask the official as to what you will have to do to get the Citizenship Certificate for the kids under 18 years of age.
    He should give you application form to complete attached three photos of the kids and write a check for the fee amount. Within 4 to 6 weeks you should be able to receive in mail.
    Best of Luck

Dastur, so you mean to say if we (parents) have been naturalized our son who was born outside the US and under 18 is by default now a US citizen?
    I am very interested because my dad had a stroke a couple of years ago, so my family and I went to take care of him. We spent 18 months overseas and are now coming back to the US. Myself, my wife and 2 kids are US citizens but middle son is not - he is a Canadian citizen and has a valid green card. Will he have a problem entering the country? If so what do we do to remedy the situation? Thanks in advance for any insight into this.
    Spider24