50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Denied for Citizenship

I need some advise. My husband (greencard holder) and I (USC) are seperated though not legally. We've been married since 2001. He filed for citizenship and was denied becoz we did not have enough evidence to show we are living in maritial union, which we are not. We do not live together but he is under my insurance and things like that. It was a real marriage but we are no longer together. He wants to get his citizenship. How can he proceed at this point? what are his options? Wait? we get divorced then he files? just tell the truth and see if he can apply for it?

I need some advise. My husband (greencard holder) and I (USC) are seperated though not legally. We've been married since 2001. He filed for citizenship and was denied becoz we did not have enough evidence to show we are living in maritial union, which we are not. We do not live together but he is under my insurance and things like that. It was a real marriage but we are no longer together. He wants to get his citizenship. How can he proceed at this point? what are his options? Wait? we get divorced then he files? just tell the truth and see if he can apply for it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by viney76:
    I need some advise. My husband (greencard holder) and I (USC) are seperated though not legally. We've been married since 2001. He filed for citizenship and was denied becoz we did not have enough evidence to show we are living in maritial union, which we are not. We do not live together but he is under my insurance and things like that. It was a real marriage but we are no longer together. He wants to get his citizenship. How can he proceed at this point? what are his options? Wait? we get divorced then he files? just tell the truth and see if he can apply for it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow ! You sound like you're perfectly OK with this. Are you ? Did you sign the I-864 sponsorship papers ?? If so, do you know that you are financially responsible for him for '10 working quarters' unless the immigrant becomes a citizen, dies or leaves the country.

It's food for thought ... I wish I knew about it when I signed that paper!
    God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !

so, he applyed under 3 year PR rule? The only thing he can do is to wait 2 more years and apply again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
    so, he applyed under 3 year PR rule? The only thing he can do is to wait 2 more years and apply again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

BS, he does not have to wait more years...

they are still married,so the 3 year time line counts,the fact they are not a couple anymore,does not matter,who cares..officially they are still married under the law...

he was denied citizenship,cause he could not proof u guys are living together???

I mean U 2 clowns could have at least arrange something...prior for him to sent his citizenship application in,which also provides him to sent evidence of marriage similar to i-751...

but u guys are married so he should reapply...but if they find out,u guys are not even together but just stay married and ain't living together,this could be a problem..

but for citizenship???? i am suprised

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
    BS, he does not have to wait more years...

they are still married,so the 3 year time line counts,the fact they are not a couple anymore,does not matter,who cares..officially they are still married under the law...

he was denied citizenship,cause he could not proof u guys are living together??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Requiremets for applying after 3 years:

- you are currently married to and living with a U.S. citizen;
    and
    - you have been married to and living with that same U.S. citizen for the past 3 years;
    and
    - Your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the past 3 years.