50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Got divorce under my Temporary Resicence

I got married and my wife file the petition for my residence. I got my work perission. After a year and a half we got the interview, we went to the interview together at that time we were having some differences and we were living appart only for a month.We were working on our relation and we werent thinking in getting divorce. After 5 or six months, we decided that the we should go on differents ways.We got divorce after 2 years and 8 months. We filed divorce for not living together for a year. I wnat to filed as divorce, but my concern is that i was not leaving with her when we went to the interview, we were still a couple got just got a house at that time. Will that affect my removal of conditions for my temporary residence?

I got married and my wife file the petition for my residence. I got my work perission. After a year and a half we got the interview, we went to the interview together at that time we were having some differences and we were living appart only for a month.We were working on our relation and we werent thinking in getting divorce. After 5 or six months, we decided that the we should go on differents ways.We got divorce after 2 years and 8 months. We filed divorce for not living together for a year. I wnat to filed as divorce, but my concern is that i was not leaving with her when we went to the interview, we were still a couple got just got a house at that time. Will that affect my removal of conditions for my temporary residence?

Are you two lived different places in the same city or different cities?Did you change the address on your driving license too?talking about the house you two bought the house together?Are there bills together for the same address etc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naturebeauty:
    Are you two lived different places in the same city or different cities?Did you change the address on your driving license too?talking about the house you two bought the house together?Are there bills together for the same address etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We lived differents places in the same city. Adress on DL is the same, we both the house together and teh tittle was in both names. All bill, bank statements and all mail was goung to the same address.

Hi blue

when you went to the interview for conditionalgreencard... did the officer ask about your marriage.. like you are living together etc. and if so. did you lie to him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    Hi blue

when you went to the interview for conditionalgreencard... did the officer ask about your marriage.. like you are living together etc. and if so. did you lie to him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the start asking about how we met and all that, between those question they aske for her citizenship certificate beacuse she was born in germany. She became citizen under a law saying that kids under certain age that came into teh us with one of her parents was automatically a citizen. At that point we have to explain her situation insteadof mine. The interview took a difernet direcction and they were interveing her, she just cryed. after the officer check her status and verify she was a citizen. I knew all my wife situation and I'm guessing because of that they didnt ask anything else. Was a weird interview.

lol lucky for you

In anyway, you didnt lie and that is good. I am assuming the divorce law requires a 1 year sepraton in your state.. correct? if so, is there anyway to tie that date back to the interview?

the marrige lasted less than 2 years .. living together etc. the petitions are for the benefit of your wife, not you. USCIS can take the standpoint that the marriage lasted less than 2 years and only a conditional card is all you get.

What you will need to do is (is divorce final decree?) is file a 751waiver for remove conditions from conditioanl card to permanent 10yrs card. include divorce decree . check bonafide marriage as reason for waiver, and include all the joint bank accouts etc, pictures and letters from friends and family . only new things since the interview todate. Do you think wife will write letter stating this was real marriage, but just did not work out due to cultural differecnes etc. ?

Waivers are not as safe as joint petitions becasue the marriage is over. marriage just has to be proved to be bonafide. If your petition is denied, you will have a chance to tell your story in front of Immi Judge in removal hearing who could then approve you at that time.

Waivers are risky.. just so you know. lots of denials for marriages that did not last 2yr conditional period.

You could also choose to get marry again and start new petitions if you have met someone you like to spend your life with.

Good luck