publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Law Question:I 485 not approved because I 693 needed to be resent

Hey guys thank you all for your time!

I filed my application for AOS on the 19th of May,2011(its the day USCIS Acknowledged they received my application) and my interview was scheduled for Sep 23, 2011. On my interview date, me and my wife(She is USC) went to Atlanta field office and the Immigration officer said everything just sounds great but the Civil Surgeon made a mistake in my I-693. Instead of check mark, he wrote "NA" in some options in the form.So, the Immigration officer told me that she couldn't do anything but as soon as she receives my new I-693 she will approve and my GC will be ordered. So on the 26th of September,(by FEDEX express) I sent a new I-693 and I got a confirmation the following day that it is received by "Allen" in Atlanta USCIS office. Now until today, Nov 8,2011 I don't have any thing sent from USCIS.
    What should I do?
    Should I work in scheduling INFOPASS?
    Anyone in this situation.
    P.S: Before we left the immmigration officer even told us we don't need to come and everything is just fine . I just needed to resent a new I-693 form from my surgeon.

Infopass is your best option. If anything, it'll remind them which is probably all they need.

Good luck
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

I think everyone will say the same thing. USCIS doesn't necessarily do things quickly, and each office and consulate varies depending on how much workload they have.

Mine and my sons I-693's weren't ready at the time of interview as we were in a different country and no physician was available to us where we lived, so we did it when we travelled to the city the Consulate was in. Once they received it, I think it took about 3 weeks for approval and the return of our stamped passports.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

I understand. What I don't feel comfortable is the time between they received my resent I693 upto now. Its almost 2 months and nothing......

Let uS know how you get on with that info pass appointment. The only other thing you could do would be contact your state senators, but I think the info pass will probably do the trick.