free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Form I-130's item #14?

Hi,
    I am filing form I-130 for my husband who is already in USA. In form I-130, there is this qs. (item 14): "If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following: He or she arrived as a: (visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc.)" Then just below that, the form ask us to write down the "Arrival/Departure record(I-94) & the Date arrived" plus "Date authorized stay expired, or will expire, as shown on Form I-94 or I-95".

I am kinda confused here... my husband came to USA on F1 visa but now he is on H1. My guess is that I should write "student", right??? for I-94 ,I should write down the current I-94 record, right? but what about the date arrived? what are they looking for? the first time he arrived in USA (which was on F1)or about his last entry which was in 2003?

The utter confusion is basically because of I-130 where it's not clearly stated if they are looking for last entry or first entry info as it is crystal clear in Form I-485 (like date of last arrival, in what status did you last enter).

I would appreciate your input. Thanks!!

Hi,
    I am filing form I-130 for my husband who is already in USA. In form I-130, there is this qs. (item 14): "If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following: He or she arrived as a: (visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc.)" Then just below that, the form ask us to write down the "Arrival/Departure record(I-94) & the Date arrived" plus "Date authorized stay expired, or will expire, as shown on Form I-94 or I-95".

I am kinda confused here... my husband came to USA on F1 visa but now he is on H1. My guess is that I should write "student", right??? for I-94 ,I should write down the current I-94 record, right? but what about the date arrived? what are they looking for? the first time he arrived in USA (which was on F1)or about his last entry which was in 2003?

The utter confusion is basically because of I-130 where it's not clearly stated if they are looking for last entry or first entry info as it is crystal clear in Form I-485 (like date of last arrival, in what status did you last enter).

I would appreciate your input. Thanks!!

what is his last entry 2003 status,? if at that time 2003 entry status was H-1, then said H-1, and the date of 2003 entry.

Thanks Citizzen2004:

It was H-1... so U think instead of student, we should write H-1?

His most recent visa status. If he was F1 and left and returned as an H1, then H1 it is.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.