free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CSS/Newman (LULAC)

I received a 'notice of intent to deny' dated Feb 13, 2007 from the CIS concerning the application I filed under CSS/Newman (LULAC) and I was given 30 days to bring more evidence.

Is it possible to apply for extension of the 30 days response deadline?
    I only managed to pick up my letter 12 days later from the post office.
    Thank you,
    Steve

I received a 'notice of intent to deny' dated Feb 13, 2007 from the CIS concerning the application I filed under CSS/Newman (LULAC) and I was given 30 days to bring more evidence.

Is it possible to apply for extension of the 30 days response deadline?
    I only managed to pick up my letter 12 days later from the post office.
    Thank you,
    Steve

You can ask them for another 30 days extension. The way to do that is type two letter asking them for another 30 day extension, go in person give the USCIS one and ask them to stamp your letter with time and date it had been received. Very important to save your copy for the future. If the UCSIS did not respond to your extension with yes or no then you are ok, that what happened in my case I send them my response after 60 days and they accept it.

Can you tell us what is the reason why they denied your case?
    Which city do you live in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Depika:
    You can ask them for another 30 days extension. The way to do that is type two letter asking them for another 30 day extension, go in person give the USCIS one and ask them to stamp your letter with time and date it had been received. Very important to save your copy for the future. If the UCSIS did not respond to your extension with yes or no then you are ok, that what happened in my case I send them my response after 60 days and they accept it.

Can you tell us what is the reason why they denied your case?
    Which city do you live in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

depika,
    did you get approval or any response after you sent reply on "intent to deny?"

I submitted 9 affidavids, and the reason they are giving for the denial is that one of the affidavits gave a wrong date, which I was "supposed" to have been front-desked and denied. So they said this "contradiction lessens the credibility of your application".

During the "interview" I was asked the usual questions by a very unfriendly officer, who seemed to be a senior officer because he had his own office and was giving instructions to some other guys.

At the start of the interview I gave him additional evidence in form of a letter from my church Pastor on a church letterhead and more evidence from different sources. He quickly pushed each of them aside saying, irrelevant, irrelevant etc. Then he said, "let's just put them in your file, anyway". He then said, You have a friend in Wash. DC, right? I said yes. "His application is also being denied because you are just writing each other affidavits", he rumbled. "Your application result will be a definite NO', so do you want to withdraw?" I told him I am not withdrawing. He then said you should go and wait for your denial letter.

At the end when I thought I was about to leave his office, he said "for the record, when did you first come to US?" Then he asked me where I lived, which immigration office denied my legal guardian the application and when. I could see the hostility displayed right in his face.
    He said, again, "go wait for you denial". Then I left.

Schicco: You were expecting to receive the letter of intent to deny your application, which you acknowledge is very important and time-sensitive, yet you didn't check your mail for twelve days?

...and you now want an extension to the thirty-day period that you were granted in the letter that you didn't bother to go pick up for twelve days?

I was in Atlanta on a Job assignment. I didn't even know there was a letter to pick-up. I live in New York City and my interview was in Manhattan, New York City.

To schicco;
    Try to send USCIS letter asking them for another 30 days extension. In the same time try to respond to their letter of intent to deny. Most likely the USCIS will response back to your letter after one or two year. Then if you receive a final letter of denial then you must response back to and appeal your case in front of the Administrative Appeal Office within 30 days. The majority of Life Legalization application denied and most people appealed them to AAO in Washington.

Schicco is this for your LIFE legalization or it's for late amnesty I-687?
    Schicco can you tell us how did you enter the U.S for the first and second time? Did you attend school?

It's for late amnesty I-687.
    My father was so paranoid to register his name in too many places that he arranged home schooling for me. My application also included an affidavit from the teacher arranged by father. He was also home schooling his own son, so I was together with his kid.

if the appeal is denied in Dc then what to do???? any Idea...suggestion.