50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I-485 WAYYY outside processing times, what can be done?

Situation is this,
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Entered on a K-1 9/03
    <LI> Married and filed AOS at Miami 11/03
    <LI> Fingerprints 5/04
    <LI> Interview 1/05 - no issuance due to pending FBI checks
    <LI> FBI checks FINALLY complete 2/08
    <LI> 3/08 INFOPASS appt. says expect invite letter in 2 weeks for GC issuance appointment at Miami
    <LI> 4/08 INFOPASS appt. says due to recent federal ruling about issuance if FBI check is the ONLY hold-up, USCIS is now backlogged by 59,000 more cases (basically, don't call us, we'll call you).[/list]

From a principle standpoint, I'm not too excited about buying a FIFTH set of AP&EAD and financing their continued incompetence and apathy. What else can be done at this point? Would filing a Writ of Mandamus likely waste more time and money than waiting it out? Are there any other alternatives? 5 years seems like more than enough time to "be patient" considering personal knowledge of MANY similar cases currently being pushed through in several months.

Situation is this,
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Entered on a K-1 9/03
    <LI> Married and filed AOS at Miami 11/03
    <LI> Fingerprints 5/04
    <LI> Interview 1/05 - no issuance due to pending FBI checks
    <LI> FBI checks FINALLY complete 2/08
    <LI> 3/08 INFOPASS appt. says expect invite letter in 2 weeks for GC issuance appointment at Miami
    <LI> 4/08 INFOPASS appt. says due to recent federal ruling about issuance if FBI check is the ONLY hold-up, USCIS is now backlogged by 59,000 more cases (basically, don't call us, we'll call you).[/list]

From a principle standpoint, I'm not too excited about buying a FIFTH set of AP&EAD and financing their continued incompetence and apathy. What else can be done at this point? Would filing a Writ of Mandamus likely waste more time and money than waiting it out? Are there any other alternatives? 5 years seems like more than enough time to "be patient" considering personal knowledge of MANY similar cases currently being pushed through in several months.

sounds like someone can't wait to get their grubby little fingers on a green card

Miami is the worst.
    You should try to find out name and address of Dist. Director, of Miami off and write direct to him/her and copy to your Senator.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    sounds like someone can't wait to get their grubby little fingers on a green card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No dude,
    This is someone's USC husband who's tired of watching his wife chew her fingernails off every year wondering if she's going to get fired because the EAD will come in 2 days too late. Someone who's tired of spending all day at DMV every single year because they won't issue a drivers license for a longer period of validity than the EAD. Someone who's tired of wait 7 hours at Miami International for his wife to clear passport control every time she re-enters the country. Someone who'd like to move into a larger house but can't get his wife's salary considered for the mortgage application because she is a "non resident" (of course her substantial presence make her a "permanent resident for tax purposes"). And a whole list of other things on top of dropping thousands of dollars in fees because some gov't. pencil pusher can't seem to find the time to glance over a 5 year old application.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam:
    Miami is the worst.
    You should try to find out name and address of Dist. Director, of Miami off and write direct to him/her and copy to your Senator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be worth trying again but our last congressional inquiry resulted in a form letter, sent 11 months later, with less information than we already had.

You will have to just wait, and see, I don't think you are correctly informed by the uscis.

First of all I do not agree with those who do not speak English.
    English is an official language of this great nation.
    If you cant speak English, learn before you apply for the visa.
    After 10,20, 30 or 40 years this will take over the English.
    Stop, this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetrim:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    sounds like someone can't wait to get their grubby little fingers on a green card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No dude,
    This is someone's USC husband who's tired of watching his wife chew her fingernails off every year wondering if she's going to get fired because the EAD will come in 2 days too late. Someone who's tired of spending all day at DMV every single year because they won't issue a drivers license for a longer period of validity than the EAD. Someone who's tired of wait 7 hours at Miami International for his wife to clear passport control every time she re-enters the country. Someone who'd like to move into a larger house but can't get his wife's salary considered for the mortgage application because she is a "non resident" (of course her substantial presence make her a "permanent resident for tax purposes"). And a whole list of other things on top of dropping thousands of dollars in fees because some gov't. pencil pusher can't seem to find the time to glance over a 5 year old application. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please tell me that you are not that stupid to put your wife's name on a mortgage and deed. Once you do that, she will get it in the divorce in addition to the green card. What are you thinking man? ! Now you know better and will not make this mistake as many men do.
    No need to thank me; but you can if you want to. And you should want to,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    Please tell me that you are not that stupid to put your wife's name on a mortgage and deed. Once you do that, she will get it in the divorce in addition to the green card. What are you thinking man? ! Now you know better and will not make this mistake as many men do.
    No need to thank me; but you can if you want to. And you should want to, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a bit presumtuous aren't we? Sounds like someone has some paranoia issues. Florida being "community property" state, she's going to get half whether she's on the mortgage or not. Further, since you have been given absolutely *zero* information about me or the relationship itself, outside the fact that we are approaching our 5th anniversary, I wonder how you justify your qualification to dispense relationship advice in response to a question about immigration procedure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetrim:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    No need to thank me; but you can if you want to. And you should want to, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a bit presumtuous aren't we? Sounds like someone has some paranoia issues. Florida being "community property" state, she's going to get half whether she's on the mortgage or not. Further, since you have been given absolutely *zero* information about me or the relationship itself, outside the fact that we are approaching our 5th anniversary, I wonder how you justify your qualification to dispense relationship advice in response to a question about immigration procedure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet another one that will have to learn the hard way !!!
    LOL
    Remember my words pal !