free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: men and vawa

how many members have been succesful in their attempt to adjust status through i-360 vawa?

I would appreciate any response that reveal obstacles that males face in proving vawa against their American spouses.

Please share your ordeals and any other info that might be helpful for other men in their self-petitioning process.

Thank you

how many members have been succesful in their attempt to adjust status through i-360 vawa?

I would appreciate any response that reveal obstacles that males face in proving vawa against their American spouses.

Please share your ordeals and any other info that might be helpful for other men in their self-petitioning process.

Thank you

you seem very confused. VAWA = Violence Against Women's Act supposedly protects women from men. Actually it is a device used to commit marriage fraud which is its sole true purpose. Violence and Fraud against men by women is legal and endorsed by the US Congress, the President of the United States and by the Supreme Court. IMBRA, the International Marriage Broker;s Regulation Act, has declared American men to be violent abusers. Men have absolutely NO rights in the United States under VAWA, IMBRA or any other law. All a woman has to do to put you in jail for life is to file a false claim for abuse and she gets a green card automatically. The same is not true for any man; American or Foreign. Men have no rights in the United States. Where have you been that you don't know this?

You are poorly informed. VAWA is for both men and women, and there are studies showing that women tend to be more domestically violent than men, the only difference is that men tend to call the police less often. I thought this great country of America does not discriminate against gender. Now why would the Congress pass a law just for women? There's something wrong with your American thinking, SonofMichael.

Back to the topic. Answers are greatly appreciated.

Hi I do know that men can file a self partition using the vawa. I personally know a man who had to file one and he was granted his 10 year green card. He had to get a lot of affadivits he did'nt have any police or hospital reports. He was being used as a house slave with no access to the out side world. Long story but true. If you realy did get abused good luck. But if your using this as a way out of a marraige and still get a green card it wont work uscis will see right through it.

capesky, would there be a way you could find out what documents he used to support his petition? how many affidavits did he use, and when you say affidavits, are you refering to statements from friends/relatives? Did he have any affidavits from social workers/psychologists/psychiatrists? I would really appreciate any detail that you can share.

Plenty of examples on visajourney.com.

No diffeence for men than women. Same issues arise.

He had to prove they married for love not a green card. ex. he had a letter from the paster of his church (they did the blesing of the rings ) for their emgagement. Pic's of the engagement party. letters from family and friends about there relationship when she came to vistt him in his country. A letter fron there U.S neighbour. Just telling what they seen and to confirm he did live with her. He had a letter from a doctor confirming he was on antidepressents because he was suffering extreme stress. and she also refused let him work in the US she wouldnt fill out the paper work so he could get a work # or SS# She said she didnt want him to meet other women. He also sent affadivits from people in the U.S that he ended up meeting when he finly was able to get away from her. there was a couple who he had confided in about his situation. He was very lucky to have gotten the approvel because he didnt have a lot of legal proof but when you tell the truth people can sense that so dont try to lie to make your story more beliveable just tell the truth. You should call your local Cathlic Social Services they can help you at a low cost. look them up on google and just ask to set up an appt. with a immergration atn. It took My friend about 1 1/2 to get his greencard. And for those who dont believe men can be abused by a women think about how many women in the us are in jail for murdering there husbands/boyfriends Yes a lot of those cases can truly be selfdefence. But I would'nt be at all suprised if some of the woman were always the abusers and just they took it to the next level (murder). I personally believe that you should treat people the way you want to be treated.

vawa is for both men and women ..this is the bottom line .. plz man dont listen to sonofmichael . he doesn't know anything about this and dont listen to him.. sometimes u dont even need a police reports and all that..this just makes it easier for some lazy lawyers to win the case. all you have to do to is to proof that u were abused. doesn't matter if you have a police report or not .