50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Getting ready to submit N400--Need help

I received my Green Card through marriage to a US Citizen back in 2004, removed the condition in June 2006. Even though I lived with my wife up until November 08 (when we separated), I didn't apply for citizenship (I just didn't want to). Now we are separated and will probably file for divorce. In the mean time I am planning on filling now under the 5 years residency requirement.
    Can someone tell me what supporting documents I should attach to the N400 application under the above circumstances?
    I have not traveled anywhere for the past ten years; have never been arrested for anything; have maintained the same job for 8 years; religiously filed my taxes.
    Thank you.

You don't need any supporting documents unless USCIS asks for some.

Federale86,
    Are you saying that all I need to send in is the application, fees, pictures, copy of my GC? That seem to be pretty simplistic isn't it? Can anybody else add their experiences or knowledge to what Fed86 said. By the way thank you for responding

Click here for N-400 Filing Instructions.

Good luck, Medsavane!

Originally posted by medsavane:
    Federale86,
    Are you saying that all I need to send in is the application, fees, pictures, copy of my GC? That seem to be pretty simplistic isn't it? Can anybody else add their experiences or knowledge to what Fed86 said. By the way thank you for responding

Pretty much. Very simple and to the point.

All Applicants for Naturalization must send the following items with their N-400 application:

A photocopy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as the Alien Registration Card or "Green Card"). If you have lost the card, submit a photocopy of the receipt for your Form I-90, "Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card"; and
    Two identical color photographs, with your name and "A-number" written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo. For details about the photo requirements, see Part 5 of A Guide to Naturalization and the Form M-603 instructions. Do not wear eyeglasses or earrings for the photo. If your religion requires you to wear a head covering, your facial features must still be exposed in the photo for purposes of identification; and
    A check or money order for the application fee and the biometric services fee (Applicants 75 years of age or older are exempted from the biometrics services fee). Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order.
    The application fee is $595 and the biometrics services fee is $80. You may combine the fees into one check or money order.

Make your check payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    TOTAL = $675

Also send copy of selecctive service card and drivers license copies and irs transcript.

Just make sure you let them know everything about your about to be previous marriage. Although you will probably not be divorse by the time you get called in for the interview make sure you let them know about the situation so they do not deny you Citizenship or take away your greencard. And remember they will call your about to be ex-wife to make sure all you tell them about the situation is true. And make sure she is not mad at you because if she is you may need a strong immigartion lawyer.
    GoodLuck.

Thanks elebedi,
    When/where should I tell them about my circumstances? In a letter that I will mail off with my application, or during the interview?
    Any other input will be greatly appreciated.
    God bless!

medsavane, just be honest when asked... since you are applying based on 5 year rule, state of your marriage will not be a primary issue..