50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Regarding my EAD and what to do with my SSN after I get it

I am already working under a TN visa and a few months ago I applied for the AoS and EAD. I got the notice they will be sending the EAD shortly.
    My question is, once I get it should I go to the SSN offices and have my SSN restriction? It has Allowed to work Only with somebody's permission or something like that. Or should I wait till I acctually get my Green Card.
    Also what should I do with my TN-Visa?

Thanks!

I am already working under a TN visa and a few months ago I applied for the AoS and EAD. I got the notice they will be sending the EAD shortly.
    My question is, once I get it should I go to the SSN offices and have my SSN restriction? It has Allowed to work Only with somebody's permission or something like that. Or should I wait till I acctually get my Green Card.
    Also what should I do with my TN-Visa?

Thanks!

EAD is a permission that a note on your SS card refers to. Once you get GC, you can have that "restriction" removed.

Your SSN will still be restricted even with a green card. work permission only with USCIS approval So, no need to change. With regard to your visa, it is automatically cancelled. Don't do anything with it, just don't try and use it or give it to someone else.

If you Received permission to work???

Work Your "A**" Off!!! Follow The Rules And Stay Out Of Trouble!!!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Edan: Until you become a permanent resident of the United States, your social security card will be restricted...and you will be unable to have the annotation of said restriction removed from your social security card.

A permanent resident may apply to the Social Security Administration to have the annotated restriction removed for the social security card.

Wrong, LPRs also have restrictions on their SSN cards. Most SSN cards for aliens have some version of "permission to work with USCIS approval" or similar wording. It may vary from LPR or other status, but still restricted. Only cards issued to US citizens have no restrictions. The wording on your current SSN will be the same or similar to that of an LPR, but what is important is the work permit document (green card, EAD, I-765) and the SSN card when you apply for new employment. However, with E-Verify, it is your SSN itself, not the card that is important, as that is how E-verify tracks your authorization to work. In the end, just relax as you don't need either a new card or a new SSN. But, if you want to waste your money, got to a Social Security office and say you lost your card and they will give you a new card with the old number and most likely similar veriage restrictioning your employment authorization as DHS can revoke work authorization of LPR.