50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Born Abroad to US Citizen

I have a friend who was born abroad (Germany) to one US Citizen parent (her father) who was in the miliatry at the time. However at the time of her birth they reshipped her father elsewhere (mom and dad were not married) so he was not present, so her mother could not put her fathers name on the birth certificate. Father never registered her at the consulat. Nor was birth certificate ever revised. Now father is deceased.

How do you go about getting the citizenship proof? I know you either fill out a form N600 or apply for US passport, but the problem comes in when her father isn't listed on her birth certificate?

And we should believe this ridiculous story because why??? Tell your "friend" (you) that we are not stupid people and we see that this is a scam !

How are you to judge this post? This is a real post and i'm looking for help.

Its ludicrous; even for a foreigner; its THE most unbelievable story ever told in history

Originally posted by Chiia:
    I have a friend who was born abroad (Germany) to one US Citizen parent (her father) who was in the miliatry at the time. However at the time of her birth they reshipped her father elsewhere (mom and dad were not married) so he was not present, so her mother could not put her fathers name on the birth certificate. Father never registered her at the consulat. Nor was birth certificate ever revised. Now father is deceased.

How do you go about getting the citizenship proof? I know you either fill out a form N600 or apply for US passport, but the problem comes in when her father isn't listed on her birth certificate?
    If your friend was born abroad to a USC, and I am assuming it was not on a military base, then check this site out. This is the assumption that the USC parent filed the paperwork.

If not, your friend will need to contact the father, assuming he is alive, if he knows the name of the father, One way is through DNA. Another way is to contact the military and ask to forward the letter. Or, if he knows the name, any address, and maybe some other information, he might attempt an internet detective search. It is limited, but a start. Finally, he could file a Freedom of Information Act for records of his whereabouts, again if he is still alive.

Hope this helps.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    And we should believe this ridiculous story because why??? Tell your "friend" (you) that we are not stupid people and we see that this is a scam !
    But ah yes you are.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

we had interview nov.15th 07.basicaly it went well.officer approved i-130 and said ihave bad news i-485 abandoned.he suggest withdraw otherwise i t will be denied in a week anyway.its abandoned bacause i took my wife to my country meet family and i used my valid j-1 visa ididnt know i shoulndnt use and it happened, officer said its you guys didnt know and he said re-file,i believe your marriage and approved i-130.but i forget to ask him iwas upset.my valid visa expired and my staus was pending i-485 now its withdrawed.but i-130 approved what is my status ,am i eligible to re-file .PLEASE HELP WITH THE IDEAS thanks..

Originally posted by moonlight24:
    we had interview nov.15th 07.basicaly it went well.officer approved i-130 and said ihave bad news i-485 abandoned.he suggest withdraw otherwise i t will be denied in a week anyway.its abandoned bacause i took my wife to my country meet family and i used my valid j-1 visa ididnt know i shoulndnt use and it happened, officer said its you guys didnt know and he said re-file,i believe your marriage and approved i-130.but i forget to ask him iwas upset.my valid visa expired and my staus was pending i-485 now its withdrawed.but i-130 approved what is my status ,am i eligible to re-file .PLEASE HELP WITH THE IDEAS thanks..
    Yes, you are eligible to refile, assuming the application for adjustment is based on marriage. Your spouse is a USC, so it won't matter if your J-1 visa is expired to approve the petition. I would suggest your apply for the I-765, work authorization if you are needing work. You do not need to file the I-131 unless you know you are planning to travel while the application is being processed.

When you refile, you will submit the approved I-130 notice with the I-485, I-765, and other aappropiate documents and fees. There is nothing to worry about. You may also apply forthe I-539 to reinstate your J-1 visa if you need to continue your studies, research, or other duties while you are on the J-1.

thanks again hudson I ppreciate your answers.if u dont mind i have 1 more question now we are waiting for approval notice for i-130 to re-file again and i ust recieved my ead 10 days ago and its valid 1 year but i cant use anymore because its terminated.so i have to apply ead too.and when i withdrawed my application,officer made sign withdraw notice says ANY NEW APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION UNDER 8CFR 274.a12(C) SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE EXAMINATION UNIT so what is that means icant summit i-765 with i-485 ,what is that means ,what is examination unit?