publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: i need a lawyer, 2nd marriage, i751 denied after fingerprint appt. new marriage?

My Brazillian girlfriend married a cuban guy 7 years ago, filed initial papers, didn't follow through, nothing was approved, she was illegal and then got a divorce and married another dude. The second marriage she did a little better with paperwork, but she has had 3 over 1 month stays in brazil since the beginning of the marriage 2 years ago including a may through october stay this year.

She filed the request to remove conditional in time and had her fingerprint appt. and 3 months later they kicked back the i751

She filed docs that were 6-7 months old with the i751 and they have asked for more documentation.

We fell in love in september and she has been living with me in LA since oct.

She has 4 weeks to submit more docs, we have very little to send, no real activity in the joint bank account, no insurance, cable bill, not even a rental lease, she has a couple friends that will vouch for her marriage.

The guy will go along with everything but really they have nothing but words, a cable bill, about 10 emails over the past 10 months and a few phone calls.

She filed in a different state and processing is in vermont.

I have several questions after reading many posts.

1. If you really don't have a lot of substantiating docs, but the US Citizen will go along with it, what are you chances?

2. Can she get a divorce now and start over?

3. what is the chances of deportation?

4. did they see the trips to brazil?

5. can she start over again with me?

6. am i nuts?

My Brazillian girlfriend married a cuban guy 7 years ago, filed initial papers, didn't follow through, nothing was approved, she was illegal and then got a divorce and married another dude. The second marriage she did a little better with paperwork, but she has had 3 over 1 month stays in brazil since the beginning of the marriage 2 years ago including a may through october stay this year.

She filed the request to remove conditional in time and had her fingerprint appt. and 3 months later they kicked back the i751

She filed docs that were 6-7 months old with the i751 and they have asked for more documentation.

We fell in love in september and she has been living with me in LA since oct.

She has 4 weeks to submit more docs, we have very little to send, no real activity in the joint bank account, no insurance, cable bill, not even a rental lease, she has a couple friends that will vouch for her marriage.

The guy will go along with everything but really they have nothing but words, a cable bill, about 10 emails over the past 10 months and a few phone calls.

She filed in a different state and processing is in vermont.

I have several questions after reading many posts.

1. If you really don't have a lot of substantiating docs, but the US Citizen will go along with it, what are you chances?

2. Can she get a divorce now and start over?

3. what is the chances of deportation?

4. did they see the trips to brazil?

5. can she start over again with me?

6. am i nuts?

You are nuts marrying this girl. They will find out about the trips and they will deny her based on fraud.

The visits to Brazil are nothing to be concerned about. The chance of her removing those conditions under the circumstances is.

OK, your questions:

1: It's the documentation that makes the marriage. If the USCIS does not believe they are still in an actual marital relationship, they will deny regardless of whether the husband goes along with it. Not to mention the fact that they are technically committing immigration fraud - if they're caught, deportation is an absolute, not a maybe.

2. It is possible to remove conditions in the event of a divorce and in fact, this may be the best option. She would need to prove that the marriage was entered in good faith and dissolved naturally. The divorce needs to be finalized to do this. If she explains to the USCIS, they will probably give her an extension to do this.

3. If her current application is denied, she would be out of status and would be required to leave the country. If she doesn't and is caught, then yes, she could be deported.

4. Yes, they probably do know, but it doesn't matter. The trips were short and won't affect anything.

5. She can start over, but here's the thing ... if you two restart the immigration process, it will be looked at extremely hard since you would be the third husband in 7 years to petition her.

6. You're not nuts. Well, kind of. Personally, I think you've gone way too fast - you don't know somebody well enough after only a month or four to make such huge life decisions. But again, that's my personal opinion and I doubt you'll hear different. LOL.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch