publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is it necessary to send all Documents while applying for N4oo application

I am applying for Citizenship N400 5 years after getting greencard. I am in the process of divorce and paying APL/Spousal support to my wife. I did not claim my wife or child as my dependents while filing taxes. My child lives with my wife and ex inlaws and they did not ask for any child support . Thay have asked only for spousal support. Do I need to send the proof of paying spousal support along with my N400 application, copy of GC, 2 passport photos, Check signed for 675 USD? Do I need to give informationabout my child?

I am asking this in response to this question in the application

If you have a dependent spouse or children who do not live with you, send:
    Any court or government order to provide financial support; and
    Evidence of your financial support (including evidence that you have complied with any court or government order), such as:
    Cancelled checks,
    Money and receipts,
    A court or agency printout of child support payments,
    Evidence of wage garnishments,
    A letter from the parent or guardian who cares for your children

Thanks

I am applying for Citizenship N400 5 years after getting greencard. I am in the process of divorce and paying APL/Spousal support to my wife. I did not claim my wife or child as my dependents while filing taxes. My child lives with my wife and ex inlaws and they did not ask for any child support . Thay have asked only for spousal support. Do I need to send the proof of paying spousal support along with my N400 application, copy of GC, 2 passport photos, Check signed for 675 USD? Do I need to give informationabout my child?

I am asking this in response to this question in the application

If you have a dependent spouse or children who do not live with you, send:
    Any court or government order to provide financial support; and
    Evidence of your financial support (including evidence that you have complied with any court or government order), such as:
    Cancelled checks,
    Money and receipts,
    A court or agency printout of child support payments,
    Evidence of wage garnishments,
    A letter from the parent or guardian who cares for your children

Thanks

I agree with federale.

I also think should also see a lawyer about sending child support. Not paying any support for YOUR child may be held against you in terms of "good moral character." You don't have to pay any spousal support before a divorce is finalized (in most states) unless a pre-nup or separation agreements says you have to. Child Support is a whole different creature. Make sure you are following the laws in your state regarding child support during divorce proceedings.

Thanks for the above responses. I was ordered by the court to pay APL which I am doing till now. Hopefully ther may be modification of APL next month as my ex will start working.
    My concern is about child support since my ex inaws did not ask for child support. Am I am obliged to pay child support eventhough they did not ask me?. They did not ask from me because of huge disparities of Income between us. I am planning to pay from next month after modifcation of my APL.
    What should I do to avoid any problems during my citizenship interview regarding child support.
    Thank you

Hi Laks,

If the court ordered child support payments during your divorce proceedings and you are not paying them, it could be a hinderance to your obtaining citizenship. A court order should be obeyed even though the ex inlaws don't request or need the money.

Those Bast ards!! The Child Support Sytem can destroy Anything!! Regardless Of Honest intent! Federal Power "Corrupt"!!! Not About The Children As It Was created!!! $$$$$$$$$$. The government matches Funds to Maintain the Sytem, Employees, Budget, Etc. Is Business!!! Not about The Children! unfortunately very Easily can dammage Your Plans.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Thanks for your responses. The court did not ordered for any child support and My ex in laws never asked for any child support.