50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The difference between Clemency & Absolution?

I and some other people seem to have problems to understand the difference between the two. USCIS does not accept expungements or clemency, but will accept absolution.

What's the difference?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I and some other people seem to have problems to understand the difference between the two. USCIS does not accept expungements or clemency, but will accept absolution.

What's the difference?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    I'll start it off.

Clemency is a legal act of forgiveness to the crime. The crime itself is assumed to still have been committed which is why USCIS won't accept it as a defense. I did it but have been forgiven.

Absolution, also loosely referred to as an acquittal is a statement of innocence issued by the court. I didn't do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's still forgiveness but a release from guilt. Is that it?

What's going on with your picture?

Have you lost your nice one?

And remember, only the Holy Mother Church, the Universal and Apostolic Church, can forgive sins and give absolution. Please return to the one true Church. You will feel much better about everything. A good Barvarian is a Catholic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    They only accept pardons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do not! If you know they do, please point me to it.

Thank you!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    My picture? Looks ok from here. It doesn't show up?

Or you talking about the pic taken when I was waiting to leave work today?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is Davdah checking the Index, ha, ha!!

A full and complete pardon, like the one Billy Bent****** gave to various people. But they paid for theirs.

Pardons Paid For

And Bush, despite being termed cautious with his pardons, still pardoned 189 people, the most famous was the Libby pardon (never should have IMO). Notice there are quite a few tax evasion cases in there.

Bush pardons
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."