50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Child Immigration Question

A child is brought over without inspection. He is now 15 years old. His mother has a permanent resident status. She is trying to petition her son and has hit a road block. The INS is requiring the minor to go back to Mexico for processing. All of his family is here. are there any other options for a minor trying to get a legal resident status. He is wanting to try to get this done before he reaches 18 because he wishes to enlist in the U.S. Military.

A child is brought over without inspection. He is now 15 years old. His mother has a permanent resident status. She is trying to petition her son and has hit a road block. The INS is requiring the minor to go back to Mexico for processing. All of his family is here. are there any other options for a minor trying to get a legal resident status. He is wanting to try to get this done before he reaches 18 because he wishes to enlist in the U.S. Military.

How old was he when he was brought here EWI? I have two step children that I-130 petitions are pending for, they were ages 5 & 6 when they were brought here. The petitions were filed in Jan '04 and have not seen any movement since Nov. '04 at which time they where sent to the National Benifits Center for scheduling an interview (supposed to be between 30 & 90 days) I have made several inquiries and still nobody knows anything. My wife's I-485 petition has already been processed and she has received her Green Card. I don't know what is going on with there petitions. I thought maybe they were sitting on them waiting for my wife's petition to be processed but now thats over I have no idea what's up.

Probably no alternative (I'm not a lawyer). He entered without inspection so has no status to adjust from. About the only thing he can hope for is another 245i (not even one in the works) or an amnesty of some sort (not good chance before and now extremely unlikely given Katrina has thrown 400,000 Americans out of work).