free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigrants Coming For Welfare

A report from Public Agenda cites figures that immigrants come and remain in the U.S. for welfare.

Money Quote: 3. Yet there were significant increases in those who cite making it easier
    to get certain jobs (69 percent, up 14 points), to make it easier to travel (65 percent, up 14 points) and to qualify for government programs
    like Medicaid and food stamps (only 36 percent, the lowest on the scale, but still a 14-point increase from 2002).

Immigrants Seek Welfare

A report from Public Agenda cites figures that immigrants come and remain in the U.S. for welfare.

Money Quote: 3. Yet there were significant increases in those who cite making it easier
    to get certain jobs (69 percent, up 14 points), to make it easier to travel (65 percent, up 14 points) and to qualify for government programs
    like Medicaid and food stamps (only 36 percent, the lowest on the scale, but still a 14-point increase from 2002).

Immigrants Seek Welfare

M.oron, my name is not Michael.

But in any even, read the report, over 1/3 of immigrants want access to welfare programs.

Fact. Just deal with it and Move On.

once an immigrant has been living legally in any country, they are entitled to **** up whatever it takes from the Govt to pay them on the condition that the law allow them to do so, your problem is with the law not with the immigrants, this is like a job add where ppl apply for, u might be under the intention of working just to make money and not being productive till u get caught then kicked out so its a leak in the way the system works and let me ask you a question, if immigrants come here to be on welfare, then one guy is gonna pay the money and one guy is gonna collect it, where or what is the problem?????? and YES, imigrants want access BIG TIME to welfare programs because it was made up for those who can justify that they need it so what difference will it makes if an immigrant will collect it or if US born will do so???????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    M.oron, my name is not Michael.

But in any even, read the report, over 1/3 of immigrants want access to welfare programs.

Fact. Just deal with it and Move On. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's dishonest or ignorant for you to say.

You represent what's wrong with this country. First, you twist the report to fit your political agenda. Second, the survey did not mention the margin of error, but no, all you want is to create a generalization for your own propaganda.

What you failed to understand or decided to ignore is this: this survey is not worth a penny unless you understand the demographic that was polled. 11.7% of the immigrant population are 65+ years old (See US foreign born population survey done by the census in 2003 http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/p20-551.pdf). Do you know how many eldery were pooled? I would expect any 65+ year old applying for citizenship to seek welfare, after all that's what most non wealthy americans rely on when they retire. They have worked hard for it and they deserve it.

I can tell you for sure that the survey was not representative of the overall immigrant population. For instance, the survey states that 72% favor a path to citizenship. Among the 18-29 yera old, 85% favor a path to citizenship while only 56% of the 65+ years old favor it. So, for the overall percent of immigrants in favor of path to citizenship to go down from 85% (among younger people) to 72%, the percent of eldery in the sample would have to be greater than 43%, which is totally not representive of the overall immigrant population.

Now, you may well not have the brain to understand the political agenda behind these studies or you may be purposely creating your own agenda to bamboozle other people; whatever it is, have a little decency and stop spreading lies, propaganda and creating stereotypes about other people. This serves no purpose but to create a hostile environment in which no progress can be made and the society as whole will sffer as a result. Wake up, it is expected that China will controle more than 60% of the world's wealth by 2040, they are graduating more students than US, they have more than 1.3 billion people ready to take over the world. But no, that's not your concern, all you care about is to spew hate and label people. Stop the small mindedness and the unproductive sassiness, lets work together to advance the cause of freedom for future generations.

By the way, dont tell me to go back to Africa. I love America, I am here and I wont let you spoil it for me. Peace!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kumna:
    That's dishonest or ignorant for you to say.

You represent what's wrong with this country. First, you twist the report to fit your political agenda. Second, the survey did not mention the margin of error, but no, all you want is to create a generalization for your own propaganda.

What you failed to understand or decided to ignore is this: this survey is not worth a penny unless you understand the demographic that was polled. 11.7% of the immigrant population are 65+ years old (See US foreign born population survey done by the census in 2003 http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/p20-551.pdf). Do you know how many eldery were pooled? I would expect any 65+ year old applying for citizenship to seek welfare, after all that's what most non wealthy americans rely on when they retire. They have worked hard for it and they deserve it.

I can tell you for sure that the survey was not representative of the overall immigrant population. For instance, the survey states that 72% favor a path to citizenship. Among the 18-29 yera old, 85% favor a path to citizenship while only 56% of the 65+ years old favor it. So, for the overall percent of immigrants in favor of path to citizenship to go down from 85% (among younger people) to 72%, the percent of eldery in the sample would have to be greater than 43%, which is totally not representive of the overall immigrant population.

Now, you may well not have the brain to understand the political agenda behind these studies or you may be purposely creating your own agenda to bamboozle other people; whatever it is, have a little decency and stop spreading lies, propaganda and creating stereotypes about other people. This serves no purpose but to create a hostile environment in which no progress can be made and the society as whole will sffer as a result. Wake up, it is expected that China will controle more than 60% of the world's wealth by 2040, they are graduating more students than US, they have more than 1.3 billion people ready to take over the world. But no, that's not your concern, all you care about is to spew hate and label people. Stop the small mindedness and the unproductive sassiness, lets work together to advance the cause of freedom for future generations.

By the way, dont tell me to go back to Africa. I love America, I am here and I wont let you spoil it for me. Peace! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kumna,

This was a great post!!!!!!

No you lazy immigrants who steal from taxpayers are the problem.

Pointing out the fact that immigrants abuse welfare and consider citizenship as just a reason to preserve access to welfare is a patriotic act.

You just can't deal with facts.

Attacking the bearer of bad news does not make you right. It just exposes you as ignorant.

And I rest my case showing that the immigrants on this site always complain, like sprint and brit, that they don't have enough welfare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There was quite a bit wrong with kuma's reply . People over 65 don't get welfare. Fact one wrong. What they get is social security </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think when Kumna said welfare, he meant social security. Just used the wrong term.