50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS interview

My AOS interview through marriage is in 2 weeks and I don't have all documents they require (original birth certificate, divorce decree, federal tax 2003-we filed 4 weeks ago, but the IRS hasn't yet processed it). So I am thinking about to reschedule it. Do you think it's a good idea? How long it would take to get another interview? Thanks

My AOS interview through marriage is in 2 weeks and I don't have all documents they require (original birth certificate, divorce decree, federal tax 2003-we filed 4 weeks ago, but the IRS hasn't yet processed it). So I am thinking about to reschedule it. Do you think it's a good idea? How long it would take to get another interview? Thanks

Which district office did you file AOS? and what was the timeline for filing/interview.

I would try and not reschedule, you have two weeks. Try and get as much informatio as possible. As fo the taxes, you need to just bring in the copy that you kept for your records. My husband from the philippenes never could get an original of his birth certificate because ofther poor recoring system...etc, they didn't have a problem. Just bring all of the documentation you have, as for the other stuff, if it is recorded, (ie divorce decree, birth cert.) go to the family court records or county recorders where yuo are and ge the copys.

I agree, go the interview with what you got. If all goes well and the officer will tell you that he/she will approve your petition but you might be required to submit additional documents. Once you do that you will get a letter stating you are a LPR and if needed can get your passport stamped.

Hello,

I had the same (sort of) problem.
    I was thinking about rescheduling it. But with the info I got here, I didn't.
    I went to the interview with the little I had and everything went just fine.

Read my posts:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...&m=99010807011

Take Care.
    BLSI

doe every one have to go through interview now? Employer based AOS normally don't have to go to interview before, right?

My husband filed for adj of status Aug 2002, we are now separated... but not legally...
    They are now processing Mar. 2002 I-485's and we assume maybe this summer we'll get the AOS interview. Will he be deported because we are separated..even if we both go to the interview and state so (he has not declared his new address)....can anyone help me?

oh man please post your story here once the two weeks are over.
    You may get lots of opinions on what will happen to him in this board. The fact that you are going to the interview and willingly to help him shows that the marriage is ongoing to INS. Legally you are not divorced so the chance of him being deported is slim unless you tell them what is really happening. If you tell INS that you guys are seperating and will be divorced soon INS will take a different approach in your interview and he will face several obstacles in the future and deportation is one of them. Please gather all the information you have with him and get everything together ASAP and go.

You do not need to reschedule it. If you marriage is real and legitimate, you have nothign to worry about. Those interview officers look at couples for so long that they can tell if they are in a real marriage. Nothing to worry abuot.

Just try to collect as much info as possible. Collect any letters that have both of your names on it. And Cards or letters that you send to each other. It also helps if you have life insurance listing your spouse as the beneficiary.

GOOD LUCK and let us know how it goes.