50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: which type of visa i should apply for

hi there , i am very new to this forum and like any others, i am confused as to what type of visa i should apply for to go to the US.

I am a Filipina and my american boyfriend and i have been living together for almost two years here in the Philippines. He is working here for almost 5 years now. For 5 years he has been visiting the US twice each year and this time we decided that i should go and see his family there. I am not sure what type of visa i should apply for because he has a permanent residency here in Manila already and i believe fiance is for those who resides in the US. We are not married yet so definitely not spouse visa, and i am not sure if i can go for tourist visa which i believe is very difficult.

You see, if we visit the US, we both have to return here in manila because this is where my BF and I works. We're pretty making a good living here together, i am just not sure how to make the immigration officer believe that i am returning home. I really dont intend to stay in the US, i just like to see it, and know what its like. I have travelled some part of asia but not europe, US and canada, im not sure its gonna add points.

I hope you can help me with my little confusion on this matter. Thanks to all of you.

Sincerely,
    rosemary

hi there , i am very new to this forum and like any others, i am confused as to what type of visa i should apply for to go to the US.

I am a Filipina and my american boyfriend and i have been living together for almost two years here in the Philippines. He is working here for almost 5 years now. For 5 years he has been visiting the US twice each year and this time we decided that i should go and see his family there. I am not sure what type of visa i should apply for because he has a permanent residency here in Manila already and i believe fiance is for those who resides in the US. We are not married yet so definitely not spouse visa, and i am not sure if i can go for tourist visa which i believe is very difficult.

You see, if we visit the US, we both have to return here in manila because this is where my BF and I works. We're pretty making a good living here together, i am just not sure how to make the immigration officer believe that i am returning home. I really dont intend to stay in the US, i just like to see it, and know what its like. I have travelled some part of asia but not europe, US and canada, im not sure its gonna add points.

I hope you can help me with my little confusion on this matter. Thanks to all of you.

Sincerely,
    rosemary

based on your intention to visit, you should apply for tourist visa. If you present your circumstences well (ties to home country) you have a good chance to get it.

hi, thanks alot for your reply, its very much appreciated. I am planning to visit US with my honey next year by God's will..perhaps June 2007.

Uhmm..when you say ties to home country, does it mean properties, Bank accounts, Credit histories, billing statements, employment or what? Some people i know told me that if i am older and if i have a child here would somehow help the officers believe that im gonna go back here, is that true. Although i am not saying i am going to that extent

Well, i really like to see your country <US> and check where my honey grew up. I have a genuine intention and i hope you guys can help me. Thanks again.

rosemary