free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexico/Costa Rica from the US --need info

Can someone tell me what *exactly* is needed to cross the borders in Mexico and Costa Rica? I have a valid passport but no other ID. I am getting conflicting information from various websites.

I am also wondering if there are any good websites on here that help people from the US move to other countries? I need some guidance on how to do this. I have done some searching, but again, I'm getting some conflicting information. Since everyone seems so knowledgeable here I thought this would be a good place to ask.

Thank you.

Can someone tell me what *exactly* is needed to cross the borders in Mexico and Costa Rica? I have a valid passport but no other ID. I am getting conflicting information from various websites.

I am also wondering if there are any good websites on here that help people from the US move to other countries? I need some guidance on how to do this. I have done some searching, but again, I'm getting some conflicting information. Since everyone seems so knowledgeable here I thought this would be a good place to ask.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

As far as working with the Immigration system what is your opinion on obtaining a lawyer to help? I read some negative things about that on this site. Is a lawyer needed?

What if I do not want to be a citizen anymore? Is there any way to become a citizen of those other countries?

CoraJack: Yeah, right...like you'd rather be a citizen of Mexico???

In case you hadn't noticed, even Mexicans don't want to live in Mexico!

I can see it now: three years after getting your Mexican citizenship, you're arrested by the Bored Patrol for illegal entry while trekking through the desert in the middle of August.

In saying that, when viewed from Mexico, you might have a rather better opinion of America than you appear to have at present.

Well, I can see by your avitar that you don't like Mexicans so I understand you questioning me about moving there.

However, I did live there and I went to school there so I know what it's like.

So besides putting me down for WHERE I want to move some helpful advice would be nice. It's ok if you don't like it, but I happened to love it there.

Got anything to say about Costa Rica?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoraJack:
    What if I do not want to be a citizen anymore? Is there any way to become a citizen of those other countries? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi CoraJack,

You would need to google for immigration laws in Mexico and Costa Rica to determine the legal options available to you to enter those countries. This site is focused on immigration to the USA. Good luck and don't be too quick to rescind your US citizenship. You might be sorry in the end.

...well, he's contemplating the acquisition of Mexican citizenship, so he's evidently not smart enough to realize how sorry he would (not might) be!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoraJack:

Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope this helps.

Good luck to you.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Residency in Mexico and Costa Rica are easy to obtain, especially for retired people, if they have sufficient income.

Asking the American Embassy/Consulate will get you no assistance as their job is not to help Americans with legal issues in foriegn countries.

What would help is contacting the appropriate Embassy/Consulate of those countries in the USA.