free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I-485 Q

I had file I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status /Based on Asylum admission more than 1 year ago./

My case is pending.

I am getting married to British citizen who is a green card holder.
    Do we have to apply now for a green card based on our marriage or I have to wait for my I-485 based on Asylum status to be resolved.
    Thanks.

I had file I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status /Based on Asylum admission more than 1 year ago./

My case is pending.

I am getting married to British citizen who is a green card holder.
    Do we have to apply now for a green card based on our marriage or I have to wait for my I-485 based on Asylum status to be resolved.
    Thanks.

am i correct saying u can apply twice????? i remember reading something on it a while back.... will go looking

I have no idea if I have to wait for my pending 1-485 aplication.
    Or we have to cancel the first application for I-485 and apply again based on our marriage.
    Do I have to notify the immigration about my marriage, because I come as a asylum under my father case/as a minor/.
    Now I am 20 y.o.
    Thanks

Do you know when you'll be able to adjust status based on asylum? I remember seeing a schedule somewhere.

Don't cancel anything right now. There is about 5 years wait (from when I-130 is filed) for spouses of PRs to be able to file for adjustment of status. If your husband becomes USC, you don't have to wait.

I think your husband can file I-130 for you while the other case is pending. I am not sure though.

Right now the LOCAL office is working with cases 1-485 received on July 17 2006 .

My father applied to adjust my status originally 2003 - Nebraska service center.

I got letter from Nebraska that on November 2006 they sent my case to SANTA ANA office, CA- in order to speed up the processing time.

I do not know what date to consider now- 2003 -Nebraska or 2006- Santa Ana ,CA.
    If I consider 2003 - is out of processing time.

If I consider 2006/November - that means few more months waiting probably .
    Santa Ana doe's not have a phone number for answering questions.
    Nebraska phone number - do not have new info about the case - just - YOUR CASE was transferred to Santa Ana.......

So far we don't know if we MUST notify the immigration for the marriage , and if do I have to apply again to adjust my status based on marriage to a green card holder or I have to stick to my old application/I-485/ based on my ASYLUM status which was done by my father.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Martina:
    Right now the LOCAL office is working with cases 1-485 received on July 17 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Where did you get that info? Are those just "any" cases or asylum based AOS? I don't know much about it, but isn't there a limit on how many asylants can adjust status in a year?

OMG I checked the processing time for I-485 based on marriage to a green card holder.
    They are working on cases failed 2002 !!
    Do you guys have any idea how long will take if we apply in England ,because my husband /UK citizen and a green card holder/ spends a few mounts in England every year?
    Thanks

To ANERI :
    \There is the processing time table :
    You can get the idea about the processing time for your case here :

http://www.ilw.com/govttimes/index.asp

I485s are applied in USA. Or are u wishing to remain in the UK. UK do not process Adjustment of status! If ur wanting to reamin in UK then its a completely different ball game and here is a different forum that can help u WWW.britishexpats.com.