free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Important Question about Divorce

One of my best friends married a woman from Greece in November of 04. He is not happy and wants a divorce. He told her he wants a divorce, mind you she has not gotten her immigration papers yet. They havent been married for 1 year yet. He went and got legal advice and they said that if she doesnt sign the divorce papers that it basically isnt going to be good for him? Is this true? Does she have to sign divorce papers or can he file for divorce and it go through without her signature? And if they do does she get deported? Thank You!!!

One of my best friends married a woman from Greece in November of 04. He is not happy and wants a divorce. He told her he wants a divorce, mind you she has not gotten her immigration papers yet. They havent been married for 1 year yet. He went and got legal advice and they said that if she doesnt sign the divorce papers that it basically isnt going to be good for him? Is this true? Does she have to sign divorce papers or can he file for divorce and it go through without her signature? And if they do does she get deported? Thank You!!!

Divorce laws are different from state to state. It would be usefull if you share which state they live in.
    Do you know on which visa wife entered the US?

We live in New Jersey. Umm... I'm not quite sure I think one of the things she is applying for is I-130?? The papers are already in process, but she hasnt offically been legal yet. Thank You! : )

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this?? haha, im stressing here.. haha

I have an odd question.

Is it important that she gets deported?

If so, why?

(no offense meant. Very curious)
    Illegitimati non carborundum

Kind of. Because her, her brother and sister in-law are here, and I think they have something planned on why she married him. I think she cares about him alot, but I dont think she is married to him just because she loved him. They only knew each other for 2mths before they got married. Dont know how you can love someone in 2mths, and really know them? Her brother is here illegaly too.

Zeta6250,

Give us a break. Go get a life. People who marry foreigners and then spend their time whinning about the true intent of the marriage make me sick. What if the foreigners wonder themselve about the true intent of their american spouses?

Zeta6250:

I got bad news for your friend. NJ Divorce laws are not that flexible and the requirement to get a no-faul divorce REQUIRES an 18 MONTH SEPARATION.

I know NJ laws arent flexible when it comes to divorce. But does he have to get a no-fault divorce? Cant he just get a divorce or that will be bad for him? Thanks for your help Aguila!