free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: child support

I had a baby this August to an illegal mexican(crossed the boarder illegally).. I am going to *try* for child support this coming week, but i wanted to ask if anyone has been through this process before.
    When i got pregnant he left and he didnt try to contact me again until i was in my 8th month. He called again when i was in the hospital having her, but that was the last time ive talked to him. I really dont know where he is... I know hes somewhere in michigan and I only know his old phone number(he moved a few blocks away... is what im told)
    I know if they have a phone number they can try to find him... but i know for a fact that if he finds out theyre looking for him, he will just leave and wont tell anyone where he is.
    Does anyone know how they go about finding the father, and how his status will affect me getting the child support i truely need? The only things ive heard was that if they find him and he dosnt pay, he will be deported. I dont know how this can be true when if he is deported, welfare will be paying for the support instead of him(in which they would rather not do)
    Also, obviously because he wasnt at the hospital, he didnt sign the birth certificate. Will this effect anything?

Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated. Any hateful comments will just be ignored.(dont waste your time)

I had a baby this August to an illegal mexican(crossed the boarder illegally).. I am going to *try* for child support this coming week, but i wanted to ask if anyone has been through this process before.
    When i got pregnant he left and he didnt try to contact me again until i was in my 8th month. He called again when i was in the hospital having her, but that was the last time ive talked to him. I really dont know where he is... I know hes somewhere in michigan and I only know his old phone number(he moved a few blocks away... is what im told)
    I know if they have a phone number they can try to find him... but i know for a fact that if he finds out theyre looking for him, he will just leave and wont tell anyone where he is.
    Does anyone know how they go about finding the father, and how his status will affect me getting the child support i truely need? The only things ive heard was that if they find him and he dosnt pay, he will be deported. I dont know how this can be true when if he is deported, welfare will be paying for the support instead of him(in which they would rather not do)
    Also, obviously because he wasnt at the hospital, he didnt sign the birth certificate. Will this effect anything?

Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated. Any hateful comments will just be ignored.(dont waste your time)

this is NOT meant to be rude, but why bother? if he's not interested let uscis hook'm/book'm/deport'm ... i, too, am in a similar situation BUT with hostility my ex-hubby is demanding visitations without paying child support (dont ask, then i will get mean :P) ... in a nutshell, my ex is almost 2500.00 behind in child support, uscis has told me it's not IF but WHEN they will ask him to leave .... i am not needing welfare, but i can't wait til he gets the boot, why encourage more deadbeatdads to stay here? that's not an american dream,it's an american nightmare ... tell uscis where he is and let them handle him accordingly .. get'm outta here!!!!!

Its not really that i want him to stay or leave. Either way it dosnt really make a difference. The only reason i would REALLY want him to leave is so he cant do this to someone else.. Either way, if i can get the child support i need i want to get it... I need to be on welfare because i only work in a deli making 7.75 an hour and most of the time i dont even get 40 hrs a week(well... before i went on maternity leave. Well see how it goes when i go back in 3 weeks) I was told that i have a better chance of getting money out of him if being on welfare because they do everything for me--- like i said they dont want to pay his child support.

If he's here illegally, then it's hard to see how you'll be able to garnish his wages or collect any money from him.

exactlly what aliba sed, besides, how does he support himself? if he gets paid under the table it doesn't seem likely from what you've written, he will pay ... welfare never wants to pay inlieu of deadbeatparents, but it doesn't sound like anything they can enforce since he's illegal .....

My daughter's father was paying child support with drafts from his check and then got deported to Canada. I haven't seen a dime from him since he left. It's a blessing to me that he's gone because he was a terrible influence on her and my daughter is relieved he's gone. He calls from time to time and that's all we really need from him. Good riddance!

Jen Baird - Stayin Home & Lovin It
    www.JensBiz.info
    Info Line Recording 877-216-1940
    Jen Baird
    Stayin Home & Lovin It
    Helping People Work From Home
    Info Line 877-216-1940

I married an illigal mexican, got his work permit, green card,went through the whole time consuming process, this includes helping his mother with her visitation permit. Helped him go from a ditch digger to a truck foreman with a **** good company the company supplied us with a co. truck, cell phone good benfits, a bonus every holiday, company parties and benfits free. While he was filling this position at the end of the day I would input all drivers times do the work sheets, make out the work schudule for the next day. Input times hours and computte work hours. I also work a 10 to 12hr. shift outside for which was my place of employment. I also included caring for a mother in law, with my 2 teen boys and 1 young daughter which was his. after 7 years one day he informed me that he was leaving. He would pay child support, and help me with all the bills. I tried to keep the marrage together but he was determined thats what he wanted to do. I asked if he was involved with someone of course the answer was no. Well guess who he moved in with??? yes the B. from the office where he worked.That weekend.Sure he looked like he was a man that had it all going on and did this all himself. well guess what!!!! He lost his job, credit, family, truck, 5 bedroom home,& respect from others.oh, and guess what there is no child support coming in( surprise.) Well you and I know that he went up fast but not by himself!!!!And came down hard. That's for sure. So be careful before you sign the dotted line for any immgrant. I am hispanic and my dad is from Mexico, I guess my mom got that one in a million. I have one question how far behind in child support before his greencard or visa is removed? Will he be deoported? Or did we give them sum B.S rights too.??? Thanks for letting me sound off.

This is a very important issue, one that's been neglected for decades and never seriously considered. While it "may" prevent the finding of good moral character on applicants for naturalization, it's not considered a CIMT! It's not a matter enforced by the courts in a strong way either, so "the look the other way" attitude continues while babies suffer.
    This is some serious issue that needs consideration, it's not about a check, it's about real people, innocent children who didn't ask to be born in the first place!
    USCIS will not go after this person because not paying child support is not an immigration issue. The DA will probably not even consider charging him, just a waste of time. You need to get him detained on immigration violations and let them throw the book at him!
    A "failure to pay child support" should be considered a CIMT. If this is not "against morals and conduct of society" I don't know what is. Even the "minimal conduct required to violate the statute" would be a CIMT; common sense indicates children come first and no matter what, you provide. . But still, nobody cares much, not even when dealing with U.S. citizens.

Well I know for a fact that IRS is after their money which started at 1500.00 now with addional 658.00 of penelty and of course they will go after that. I kind of wonder why IRS comes first before taking care of our children of the future?