free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: waiting for I-485

Hi,
    I just found this website and i'm hoping to find someone who will be able to tell me what's going on!!!

All right, to make it short:
    My husband and I applied for a Green card in August 2006 (date when it entered the uscis Texas office center)
    the I-140 and I-485 were filled at the same time.
    I-140 was approved on February 1st of 2007, that is, about a year ago.

I-485 (Adjustement of status) is still pending, and I have no idea what's going on. I have a work permit valid until november 2008 but then, that's it.

Our lawyer has told me that he can't ask for more, that they won't let him know where the process has stalled, and if it has!

Is there anyone in my situation?

please, give me some hope or any info that might help me find out at what stage the process is.

Thank you!

Hi,
    I just found this website and i'm hoping to find someone who will be able to tell me what's going on!!!

My husband and I applied for a Green card in August 2006 (date when it entered the uscis Texas office center)

I-485 (Adjustement of status) is still pending, and I have no idea what's going on. I have a work permit valid until november 2008 but then, that's it.

Our lawyer has told me that he can't ask for more, that they won't let him know where the process has stalled, and if it has!

please, give me some hope or any info that might help me find out at what stage the process is.

Thank you!

Also, the lawyer told me a few months ago that we were stuck at my husband's FBI Namecheck. What is it and what are the reasons?

Let me explain to you what happened with one of my friend. He filed I-130 in 2000. He upgraded his I-130 when he had become a Citizen, in 2006. I-130 was approved in Jan. 2007, National Benefits Center mailed Notice of Action & information of approval with the instruction to file an I-485 with uscis at chicago office. from Chicago I-485 went to California Office, and from their to National Benefits Center, at Lee Summit, MO. Lee Summit approved and forwarded to his Local Office in Orlando. Both cases were mail on same date same post office with returned receipt. One case is completed other is still pending for the name check clearance.
    He had been interviewed by Immigration Officer, still waiting for clearance. Since fileing of I-485.
    I hope this will give you some idea as to how long it takes to get the LPR status. In some cases it has been very fast. It also depend upon your country of origin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam:
    Let me explain to you what happened with one of my friend. He filed I-130 in 2000. He upgraded his I-130 when he had become a Citizen, in 2006. I-130 was approved in Jan. 2007, National Benefits Center mailed Notice of Action & information of approval with the instruction to file an I-485 with uscis at chicago office. from Chicago I-485 went to California Office, and from their to National Benefits Center, at Lee Summit, MO. Lee Summit approved and forwarded to his Local Office in Orlando. Both cases were mail on same date same post office with returned receipt. One case is completed other is still pending for the name check clearance.
    He had been interviewed by Immigration Officer, still waiting for clearance. Since fileing of I-485.
    I hope this will give you some idea as to how long it takes to get the LPR status. In some cases it has been very fast. It also depend upon your country of origin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Adam,
    Another question,
    I-140 was approved, does it mean that I have a better chance to see the I-485 approved? Or it's something completely totally different?

Hi,
    I just found this website and I didn't find some "waiting for I-360", but I'm surre I'll find someone who will be able to tell me what's going on!!!
    I'm a Pastor and I have a R-1 visa. The Church filled a I-360 application and on Jan 2007 the application was redirected to the California Center. We are waiting for the news... And nothing happens. On April 2008 my son will became 21 years old, and he will not be able to be under my aplication anymore. What to do??? I can't fill the I-485 and my son will have to leave the US???

Pastor, you might get a quicker answer by posting your own thread.
    It's kind of different to the OP' situation.
    Hopefully someone will come along and give you some answers
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    Pastor, you might get a quicker answer by posting your own thread.
    It's kind of different to the OP' situation.
    Hopefully someone will come along and give you some answers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank you. Now we have "waiting for I-360".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whenandif?:
    Hi,

Thank you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not uncommon for employment-based AOS applications to drag this long. The most that your husband could do is check out with your local USCIS office the status via Infopass or be patient and wait. Anyway your EADs are renewable every year and if you maintained your status on US soil you're eligible to file Form I-131 for foreign travels. It would help had you given us the EB category (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) of your husband's petition and your country of origin.