publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Can anyone tell me what a G-56 is????

After getting fingerprinted for a second time because 15months has lapsed sinc ei had them done last, i found out that i will be sent a g-56 after approval of the fingerprints. what is a G-56??Thank you!

After getting fingerprinted for a second time because 15months has lapsed sinc ei had them done last, i found out that i will be sent a g-56 after approval of the fingerprints. what is a G-56??Thank you!

G-56 is the internal number that identifies a form to CIS personnel (G stands for government so it is government form #56). A G-56 is a generic appointment letter. The appointment letter that CIS uses to send you an AOS appointment is on the form G-56. An appointment to come in for pp stamping would be on a G-56. It's a generic appointment form.

Thank you Bronze Lady for your response. Im glad I know what it is now! On average how long does it take an AOS appointment after fingerprints are taken. Thank you again

It depends on how long it takes that particular officer to get back to his/her "pending" workload. There is no timeline.